12-17-09 East Texas Boar

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 12-17-09 East Texas Boar

Postby wildcatter » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:21 am

I can see jbagwell is doing his best to really tick off the Mudders Favorit Organization, Peta..wink
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby jbagwell » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:20 pm

You're probably right on this one as it was not eaten. BUT, People Eating Tasty Animals (I.E. PETA) would be glad to know that every other animal that I have posted has been thououghly enjoyed table fare! :D
Uh-oh. This is probably going to hurt. Im sick of paying for crappy service from the government, they better be glad they're not my cable company!
jbagwell

Postby 2zero6 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:06 pm

I guess everthing really is bigger in Texas.....I'm jealous. :mrgreen:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby BD1 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:34 am

Hi Jbagwell,
Are the bigger boars in TX as rank as the ones in SC? Around here my preference for eating is the little guys that'll fit on the grill, or a sow. I've known guys to get green around the gills from the smell of a boar on the bow of the boat coming back from an island hunt.

I see guys on the net talking about eating the monster hog, and I'm wondering if it's just the swamp boars in the low country that get so foul when they're older.

BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby jbagwell » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:51 pm

I think it differs on each individual pig. I have had 200 lb boars with no smell at all, then a 100 lb boar that you could smell from 40 yds. It also has a lot to do with how quickly they die. If you notice, most of my pigs are killed through the ear or top of the head if facing me. These usually don't have any aroma. On the other hand I have had a few that I've tracked for friends that were gutshot. I didn't event want to track 'em they stunk so bad. The only reason to get one out like the one in the pic is for a head mount or to drag out of hunting area.
Uh-oh. This is probably going to hurt. Im sick of paying for crappy service from the government, they better be glad they're not my cable company!
jbagwell

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:00 am

thatguy wrote:NICE!!! I am so jealous of the ppl with hogs around.. In VA we seem to have just most of the game animals the rest of the south east has except a large population of boar.... :cry:

Brian

Come to Texas. Our season is 24/7/365.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Previous

Return to The Trophy Wall