Sunday Javalina hunt- lotsa pics, no pig.

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Sunday Javalina hunt- lotsa pics, no pig.

Postby bushmeister » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:17 pm

Good illustrations MB! Can't wait to hear the elk hunt!
bushmeister

Postby slash2 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:32 am

Good Idea to drive forward.

Reminds me of all of the times I've done that same thing as a young guy driving on logging roads in Idaho. I figured if you didn't get stuck at least once you weren't trying hard enough. Luck, youth, a shovel and a high lift jack got me out most of the time, I only rolled down the hill once..... :oops:
/2
slash2

Postby MudBug » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:35 am

slash2 wrote:Good Idea to drive forward.

Reminds me of all of the times I've done that same thing as a young guy driving on logging roads in Idaho. I figured if you didn't get stuck at least once you weren't trying hard enough. Luck, youth, a shovel and a high lift jack got me out most of the time, I only rolled down the hill once..... :oops:

I would have never tried it without the tow strap hook-up. Even just getting stuff in and out of the truck would collapse the rockpile my right-rear tire was sitting on.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby slash2 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:36 am

Have you ever tried jacking the back end way up with a high lift jack and then pushing the vehicle off the jack onto the road?
That's worked for me in situations like that, provided you have a good spot for the jack.
/2
slash2

Postby MudBug » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:25 am

slash2 wrote:Have you ever tried jacking the back end way up with a high lift jack and then pushing the vehicle off the jack onto the road?
That's worked for me in situations like that, provided you have a good spot for the jack.

I considered it but since the road sloped towards the drop-off side I was afraid that it was just as likely to just go further over the edge.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Trophy Wall