My first hog hunt to bag a 164lb boar

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: My first hog hunt to bag a 164lb boar

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:56 pm

WC...right on, bro! That must be why I'm working on the 325gr Barnes Buster load as we speak...I need a LOT of bacon! Glad to see you got them up to 2100fps safely...that makes a real "buster". Can't wait to try 'em.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:50 am

Hey Tim! Shoot me an email regarding the Barnes Buster bullets. Gimme the workup load data, powder primer specs and such so I can work up a load for that "Special Project" that I emailed you and sent pictures about.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:44 pm

Dawg...how much steel are you trying to get through? ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby wildcatter » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:18 pm

OK Guys, my 2100fps load is with my personal weapon that has a highly altered timing point. You will not get even close to that fps area, before you hit the WALL, as I have described. The firearm will start short stroking well before you hit the pressure limit and it'll try to pull the rims off, all because it's trying to open way too soon. This is why, sometime soon, I'll be offering a retro-fit to your upper that will allow you to get past the "Timing WALL" and still be able to use the factory ammo, to boot.

Now, getting past the WALL, as I have described it, doesn't preclude you from using caution, in load development. This WALL is a kind of safety device, wherein, when you hit it, the pressures are still fairly low, the gun just doesn't function as it is supposed too. Once you go past the WALL, great things can be yours, if you practice good Safety Procedures, or you can wreck your gun or worst. In other words, once you get past the WALL, you've got no built in warning device (within reason, because you can still blow up the weapon, if you try hard enough) and reloading, for the 450b becomes just like any other normal weapon. You've got to do your part..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:56 pm

...t...I hope you're prepared for an 18-wheeler load of 450bs rolling up to your door when you get around to offering your gas port mod...mine included! We await "the word"... :)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Previous

Return to The Trophy Wall