Fun day in the swamp.

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Fun day in the swamp.

Postby BayouBob » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:40 pm

A whole herd jumped out in front of me. Thumper got 5 of them. Wish I'd had the 11 shot Sig mag in; they ran straight away for about 100 yards and I could have kept shooting. The two in the boat weighed 175 and 185. All 5 were about the same size.
450three.jpg
450three.jpg (86.48 KiB) Viewed 12017 times
450four.jpg
450four.jpg (92.69 KiB) Viewed 12017 times
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Re: Fun day in the swamp.

Postby Al in Mi » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:07 pm

Good going..............sure wish we had those critters up here in Michigan!!!
Al in Mi

Postby wildcatter » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:13 pm

BayouBob wrote:A whole herd jumped out in front of me. Thumper got 5 of them. Wish I'd had the 11 shot Sig mag in; they ran straight away for about 100 yards and I could have kept shooting. The two in the boat weighed 175 and 185. All 5 were about the same size.
450three.jpg
450four.jpg

Bob, just take the GI mags and tunk down the front portion of the feed lips to just a little, to barely meet the cartridge, say about .010" Then get a GI Green follower (all over the internet and they are solid plastic) and a 1/2 round file and cut a groove down the center to the base of the follower. Then, and this is the Big Part, invite me down to hold your other gun with twelve rounds in that mag, as well..

Al, we are starting to have a big problem with the piggies here in MI. I just saw a Nat-Geo special on pig infestation. It is so bad in the areas they inhabit, and they are spreading like the Plague, that they are wiping out the Farmers.. Over south of Holly and somewhere up north, they are so bad .."that there is no closed season and shoot all you see, DNR"

Let's get together, go over into the Holly area, I know a bunch of the farmers there, and see if we can do Bad-Bob here proud..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby 2zero6 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Al in Mi wrote:Good going..............sure wish we had those critters up here in Michigan!!!

I wish I had them up here in Washington state but from what I have heard and read I should count myself lucky as they are a pretty destructive, fast populating species.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby BayouBob » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:07 pm

Wildcatter, So far my rifle feeds from the stock Sig magazines with no problem. I was going to modify followers or buy some blue single shot followers for GI mags but haven't needed to. The things are fun to shoot and some of them are edible but if you don't have them in your area yet your are lucky. There were 17 adults and at least 40 shoats in the group I busted and there are several more groups working in our woods. Our turkeys are about gone and the hogs have to be the main problem. 3 of us have killed about 40 so far this year. They don't go far when Thumper hits them.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby bushmeister » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:23 pm

Congrats on the great shooting Bob. Another big detractor to the turkey nests is armadillos. And yes, tracking isn't much of a problem with the 450 bushmaster :D .
bushmeister

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:40 am

Al in Mi wrote:Good going..............sure wish we had those critters up here in Michigan!!!

Uncle Ted has them on his ranch in Jackson, MI!
But since he lives down here in my neck of the woods, I guess
He must have killed all his MI porkchops on the hoof! So now he
Is trying to whack and stack in Texas!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Return to The Trophy Wall