How long is a coyote?

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

How long is a coyote?

Postby BayouBob » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Answer: About 50% longer than he was before a 250 gr. FTX from Thumper went through him lengthwise!
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Re: How long is a coyote?

Postby Jeepejeep » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:26 am

Oh you have to post a pic of this for us who are not squeamish!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:59 am

I made a yote about 10 feet long with a 7mmRem mag and a 150 grain Nosler ballistic tip....Let's just say it "Unraveled" his innards and created a sort of leash out of his intestines. If you are squeamish.. Don't scroll down.
The Bullet entered his chest just below the throat traveled length-wise and exited his right hip. The hydraulic shock sort of exploded his belly.

transfile01 258.jpg
transfile01 258.jpg (19.28 KiB) Viewed 14875 times

transfile01 259.jpg
transfile01 259.jpg (11.92 KiB) Viewed 14875 times
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Jeepejeep » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:39 am

That's one dead 'yote!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:19 pm

No one can say you didn't bring enough gun! :D
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:49 pm

This Yote had a very bad reputation. He was stealing chickens and Guinea Fowl out of my friends' barn in broad daylight and at night. They never could get a shot at him. I took a couple of pounds of bad hamburger meat and scattered it out in the pasture next to her barn, put a "noisey" hen in a wire cage out in the pasture right at sundown.
I grabbed a thick sleeping bag and spread it out on the roof of her house up at the peak overlooking the pasture. I left a couple of lights on in the barn so that it would cast ambient light out in the pasture. I got up on my perch around sundown and just waited. I had been dozing in and out all evening, and finally, around 12:45AM, I heard the guinea fowl getting restless and started spotting the pasture. There was just enough light to cast sillouettes, and I spotted him at about 110 yards, scarfing up the old meat. I put the crosshairs right center mass, squeezed the trigger and an orange ball lit the roof and blinded me for a second....eventually, I could see his shadow runing around in a wide circle in the pasture and then collapsing. He was all tangled up in himself.Blood was sprayed all over the pasture. You can sort of see it in the pictures. My friend had fallen aslepp on her couch and she never even heard the shot. :roll:
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BayouBob » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:28 pm

Okay, here it is. Don't look if you are squeamish. Lesson to coyotes: don't look back! Notice one front leg is blown off and laying near his rear leg. By the way, it was a Texas heart shot.
Attachments
long coyote 2.jpg
long coyote 2.jpg (67.55 KiB) Viewed 14823 times
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby Jeepejeep » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:57 am

Dang, looks like he swallowed a grenade!
Jeepejeep

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Okay... That's AWESOME!! You were well on your way to turning him inside out!
Blew his leg off!! ROTFL! Man, this Thumper rifle is a great thing for us Texans!
Efficient enough to kill a coyote and big enough to stop a charging bear/hog, and
A drug dealers' getaway car!
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Return to The Trophy Wall