*Hello to all our new members*

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:54 am

cowboy wrote:been lurking untill I could register. got a 20" at a yard sale like new! no scratches on mag even! hope to learn more here!

You got it a yard sale?! :o Wow, wished I could come across a few firearms at yard sales!! Welcome to the board!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Jeepejeep » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:20 am

Welcome to all the new members.
Yeah, No garage sales like that around here, that's fer sure!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby hogbuster » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:22 pm

I am a new member. I do a lot of hog hunting and have 8 ranches here in central Texas I can hunt on , every day if I want to. Over the past 11 years my son and I have shot an impressive number of hogs. He has the honor of shooting the biggest so far. A lady who raises hogs for a living in this area looked at it and estimated its weight at somewhere between 525 and 550 pounds.I love to reload but am new to the 450 craze. I have just finished loading a group of test rounds for the 450BM using Hornadys 300 grain XTP-MAG. Over the years I have shot hogs with just about every caliber but nothing larger than a 300 win mag for my long range shots.I am retired military having retired in 1976 ( U.S. Army ) at the age of 37, so I have had a lot of time to grow up with my two sons. I will be 73 in February am all crippled up and starting to feel it, but I refuse to go easy. Most of my free time is spent trying to get into a hogs head but in 11 years I have yet to do it. They kind of remind me of turkeys , who dont know what they are going to do next, but its fun trying to figure them out.I have a form i made to fill out when i see a hog, or shoot a hog, its quite helpful as it covers everything from location, time, moon phase everything. It works quite well and I review it every time I go hunting.Right now its hunting water holes or " tanks " as the ranchers call them. The water situation is getting very critical right now. Thanks " Hog Buster "
hogbuster

Postby aptrpl6 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:18 pm

Hello everybody.

I'll try to post this again since it didn't seem to work the first time. I picked up a 16" 450B upper last week and mounted my ACOG on top. It's already taken a deer and I have to say that I'm hooked! I'm just sorry that I didn't get into this caliber sooner!
aptrpl6

Postby martinhd28 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:19 am

Thanks for welcoming me to the 450 "thumper" family, I look forward to doing a lot of shooting with my new 450.
martinhd28

Postby Beef Stew » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:34 am

I've been a long-time lurker and have gleaned an incredible amount of great information from this site. I finally pulled the trigger on getting an upper, but have yet to pull the trigger on my carbine. (Planned for ths Saturday!) I really want you to know how much I appreciate this site. The give and take is outstanding and always positive. Great job, guys!
Beef Stew

Postby Jeepejeep » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:31 am

Welcome you guys!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby greenhornet-1 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:10 am

Thanks to Mudbug for this site, and thanks to Hoot for helping me get on board!!!!
greenhornet-1

Postby swiftdriver » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:42 pm

Hello to all. New member here, love the site. I very much like the civility here. I will apologize in advance for my lack of computer prowess. A little about me, I have been building AR's for over twenty years, I wont plug my business here. Match rifles are my specialty. The 450 will be new territory for me in an AR. I look forward to visiting with all of you. Just remember a hit with a 22 beats a miss with a 45, but...a hit with a 45...well I guess I'll find out.
swiftdriver

Postby Will_Power » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:38 am

Hey everybody, new guy here. I've recently gotten bit bad by the Evil Black Rifle disease, and I'm having a helluva time sorting out my cartridge options. Seems like .450 BM is the way to go with the big bores, and I'm looking on learning from your guys' experiences.
“One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage
to reach the unreachable stars, and the world was better for this.”
—from Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
Will_Power

PreviousNext

Return to The Trophy Wall