First kill w/.450

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

First kill w/.450

Postby 4wheeling79 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi i am new to this sight i picked up me up a BM .450 about 8 months ago for hog hunting but i hadn't really messed with it until the last couple of weeks. And as it's turned out to be a real good shooter.
I set out on opening morning just hoping to see a deer of any kind (first year on this lease hadn't seen any shooters) I just new i would see hogs as we are covered in them here in East Texas. As i'm setting in my stand i start seeing doe after doe come thru still not expecting any decent bucks to come out. And then to my suprise this guy comes out of no where and in that instant a 100 things go thru my mind and i can tell he is not going to hang around and he is not giving me the shot i want. Then he puts his head back down and he is off so i take the shot i have and landed one high over his left sholder angled thur his body. He dropped there in his track never moved another inch.
That 250gr FTX Hornady round entered high in his sholder shatering bone that shot out that same sholder like glass then hit his spin shatering it into then smased 3 ribs. While at the same time took out both lugs, hart, and sent bone and bullet frags thur his stomach and other internals. This round did major major damage he was very hard for me to clean and skin out! But it was an awsome opening day!!
Attachments
deer3.jpg
deer3.jpg (87.52 KiB) Viewed 11795 times
deer4.jpg
deer4.jpg (86.66 KiB) Viewed 11795 times
4wheeling79

Re: First kill w/.450

Postby wildcatter » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:40 pm

WOW!!! That one nice buck you got there!!!

But first, welcome to the Electronic Camp Fire, nicest bunch this side of, well, anywhere. And if we can get the Hoot-ster off the couch and dry his widow-eyes, it's his turn at fix'en up the bacon and beans..

What you'll find here, if you haven't already noticed, is a bunch of Scientist, needing a bunch of details, all in the quest of bettering the Stock and Trade of the 450 Bushmaster.

So then, you might want to review the following, 'cause you well more than qualify..( viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6457 ) and consider re-posting over there. I'm sure there are going to be a ton of questions about your hunt and Kill, so with that, save your self some time and "Details, Details, Details".

I'll start. What part of the Country did you do this in? How far was the shot? Did you recover any of the bullet and what condition was it in? And, most importantly, you gotta a couple of dozen guys, wait'en around the Camp-Fire for their S'mores, what's your Hold-Up!!! You know the N'bie, has got to provide them, right???..wink..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Colohunter » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:49 pm

Very nice buck! Welcome to the site.
Colohunter

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:31 pm

I just threw extra wood on the fire and brought the coathangers.
Pull up a stump and welcome! I'm 50 miles NE of Dallas.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Ghost Dog » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:27 pm

Howdy and wecome! Very nice buck. I was just brewing up a pot of chicory, pass the smores. :D
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Postby bushmeister » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Nice Deer! What type of 4wd are you carrying it on. Looks pretty capable.
bushmeister

Postby Jeepejeep » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:17 pm

Nice buck! I hope to see even his little cousin come opening day this Saturday!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby 4wheeling79 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:29 pm

I shot this deer here in East Texas in Upsur county. I shot him at 85 yards once i got him back and hung him up i couldn't wait to recover the bullet. BUT it didn't take me long to rethink that idea his insides was ripped apart and i just couldn't stomach it. That bullet did lots of damage and i knew it would when i pulled the trigger but thats the shot i had so i took it. That truck he is on is my 86 Susuki Samuria and so far it's just as capable as my 450BM. Me, my rig, and 450 all went out Saturday morning and tried to take a hog with it but came up short. Maybe next time? I'm going to get out to the range and sight it in from 0-200 any body know what the bullet drop from 100-200 will be shooting Hornady rounds?
4wheeling79

Postby Hoot » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:10 am

Nice deer, nice pics and story to boot. Congratulations!

Now don't be a stranger....

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to The Trophy Wall