ATV/UTV spreaders

Anything Outdoors. Hiking, Fishing, Rock Climbing, Quads, motorcycles, camping, etc... You can talk about it here

Moderator: MudBug

ATV/UTV spreaders

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:40 am

any of you guys have any experience with UTV spreaders? My plots are up to 4 acres now and hand cranking seeds/fertilizer is way past a chore !!!!

so looking to put something on the Mule, see 5-6 different ones, just looking for input from those who have been around them.
Al in Mi

Re: ATV/UTV spreaders

Postby plant_one » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:52 am

dad picked one up last year to put in the new plot we did behind the house.

it worked really well, once we dialed the spinner in to the correct gap anyway.

it was right around $200 but dad cant recall what brand it is off the top of his head and his knee is acting up so hes not up to heading out to the barn to check.

its a barrel style that just bolted onto the back rack, kind of like the Moultrie does, but without the feed gate they have for product dispensing control - as mentioned you just moved the spinner up/down until you got the proper gap to give you the drop ammount you wanted.

edit #2: http://www.ontimefeeders.com/products.php?pid=34

on Time Bumper buddy model #22000 spreader is what we've got. Dad found the paperwork for it in the house

HTH
plant_one

Re: ATV/UTV spreaders

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:10 pm

I'll have to look into them. I hand cranked 100# of oats on a acre last Saturday, all the while looking at the new mule and saying there's gonna be a easier way before next month when spreading fertilizer!!!

I'm close to 4 acres now on plots so I'm borderline thinking maybe get a 3pt spreader for the old Ford 800
Al in Mi

Return to Outdoors