One more fishin' trip

Anything Outdoors. Hiking, Fishing, Rock Climbing, Quads, motorcycles, camping, etc... You can talk about it here

Moderator: MudBug

One more fishin' trip

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:45 pm

After spending the last 3 weekends at huntin' camp gettin' ready for deer season, I finally made it back down to my fishin' camp on the coast for a fishin' trip. One of my camp neighbors & I boxed our 50 fish limit of speckled trout Friday morning. Here's a couple pictures before my camera battery went dead. :roll:

Bayou Dularge sunrise

Fishin' buddy

Speckled trout

1st 25 on ice
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Re: One more fishin' trip

Postby 2zero6 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:22 pm

Pretty cool looking fish! Especially with those canine teeth. I had too google them and read they are actually a species of drum fish. Makes me want to hit the lake again next week for rainbow's and Crawfish. :mrgreen:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby oldmanjeffers » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:10 pm

Ahh what a life :mrgreen:

Looks like some GOOD eating!
We're all in this together
oldmanjeffers

Postby bushmeister » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:07 pm

Speckled trout is one of my absolute favorite fish to eat...and catch. Looks like you had a good trip. What the heck is that coming out of the fish's mouth? looks like a lead head on steroids!
bushmeister

Postby BillytheKid » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:08 pm

Trout is my favorite!

Two strips of bacon, one in the belly cavity, and on over the top, wrap in foil and place over the coals.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:55 pm

:D hey that's right 206 ;) the males drum very loudly when hooked and hauled aboard the boat. i think it's typical of all the male drum fishes, hence the name. ;) they are a VERY popular saltwater fish followed closely by the red drum (redfish) for recreation and eating all along the coast. we have very liberal limits of both 25/person trout with a 12" minimum size; 5/person redfish between 16"-27", one of which can be over 27". 8-)

:| BM... those jigheads are $6 per pack of 4 :oops: but worth the money. wide gap, needle sharp, black nickle hooks don't miss and don't rust in saltwater 8-)

:D ...as for eating, they are second only to flounder as table fare Image
MOUNTIN DU

Postby 2zero6 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 pm

What do they taste like? Might have to pay you to send some up this way. :mrgreen:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby bushmeister » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:54 pm

MOUNTIN DU wrote: BM... those jigheads are $6 per pack of 4 :oops: but worth the money. wide gap, needle sharp, black nickle hooks don't miss and don't rust in saltwater 8-)

PM me with the info, I promise I'll only use them in AL (....or Harrison CO. MS) :D Confession: I've never brought home a cooler full of specks like that.
bushmeister

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:26 pm

8-) it's gettin' too close to huntin' season now :? but next spring; starting in March, just shoot me a note if you wanna come down and stay at the camp for a long weekend and catch your own :D i have a 24' bayboat & an 18' custom built aluminum boat for fishin' inshore or offshore. day fishin' or night fishin' :) i met some guys from chicago on a fishin' website and they come down 3 or 4 times a year. if bowfishin' is your fancy i can do that too! i'm not a guide, all i ask is help with the gas money, i can provide the food, room & board, boat & gear, great time ;)

MOUNTIN DU

Postby BillytheKid » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:38 pm

WOW!

Nice haul!!!!!!!!!
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Next

Return to Outdoors