Any Dirt Bike riders on here?

Anything Outdoors. Hiking, Fishing, Rock Climbing, Quads, motorcycles, camping, etc... You can talk about it here

Moderator: MudBug

Any Dirt Bike riders on here?

Postby AbramzTnk » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Any of you "Old Men" still riding dirt bikes like me? I have 4 and plan on riding until they have to 100mph tape me on. I normally ride my KX 450F off-road, but have an RM 250 and am putting back together a WXE 250 I got on the cheap. My street bike is a KTM 450 XCR-W in Super Moto trim. Just Curious.

Tank
23 year soldier, ready to have fun.
TANK
AbramzTnk

Re: Any Dirt Bike riders on here?

Postby kottke_35 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:30 pm

Sold my bike (kx 250) before I moved to Colorado. Wish I had one to ride again. Been to busy buying guns! Riding sure is a blast though.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Al in Mi » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:25 pm

use to pound on a RM250 and a YZ465 back in the mid 80's, then about 87 I took a buds Goldwing for a scoot and scooted right over an bought my own. Haven't ate dirt since :oops:
Al in Mi

Postby AbramzTnk » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:36 pm

I've had my share of bikes, been riding since I was 10, but I sold my ZX-9R when I was stationed in MS and bought a XR 650R and turned it into a Dual Sport. Other than being a beast to kick, It was awesome. When KTM started putting Estart on Dirt Bikes, I figured that would be the way to go. I can't tell you how much fun a Super Moto is. My Crotch Rockets where never this fun. My 450 will only do 112, but between stoplights and lighting up back roads it's "da bomb". I prefer the dirt...no speed limit and you're only limited by your ratio between the size of your "nads" and the size of your brain. It just so happens that my shooting buddies are my riding buddies too. I have always wanted to pair the two passions and have a ride and shoot event...kind-of like a Biathlon. That'd be sweet.

Tank
TANK
AbramzTnk

Postby 9x19MdM » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:15 pm

AbramzTnk wrote: I have always wanted to pair the two passions and have a ride and shoot event...kind-of like a Biathlon. That'd be sweet.

Tank

A dash and blast! :mrgreen:
9x19MdM

Postby MrRowdy » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:52 am

I raced MX in the 125 & 250 Intermediate class for a few years. I had a nasty crash where someone landed on my head and crushed the entire left side of my face (lotsa titanium plates and screws) and it left me with intermittent vertigo making it hard to race. Then a couple months later I broke my left hand and could no longer hold on for more than a couple laps due to nerve damage.

I've since sold my dirt bikes and have been building custom motorcycles for a while, but still miss the feeling of flying over a 120 foot triple.
MrRowdy

Postby AbramzTnk » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:17 pm

I broke my scaphoid and dislocated my wrist in the desert back in '93. My left wrist has, since, been unable to bend backwards.....but I wouldn't stop riding. I do, however, consider the fact that I have a family to support and do not ride fearlessly as I did in my teens and twenties. Still have to go to work on Monday.

Tank
TANK
AbramzTnk

Postby bigboreshooter » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:03 pm

kottke_35 wrote:Sold my bike (kx 250) before I moved to Colorado. Wish I had one to ride again. Been to busy buying guns! Riding sure is a blast though.

B.

Who did you sell it to? I bought klx 250 couple of years ago. Then a tornado came thru and destroyed my riding place. Only got it out once last year to zip over to ma and pa's house to get a wrench. Some dumb ass in a civic about killed me. I put her away and haven't touched it since. Need to get it in the dirt this year.
Three is two, two is one and one is none.
bigboreshooter

Postby kottke_35 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:59 pm

bigboreshooter wrote:
kottke_35 wrote:Sold my bike (kx 250) before I moved to Colorado. Wish I had one to ride again. Been to busy buying guns! Riding sure is a blast though.

B.

Who did you sell it to? I bought klx 250 couple of years ago. Then a tornado came thru and destroyed my riding place. Only got it out once last year to zip over to ma and pa's house to get a wrench. Some dumb ass in a civic about killed me. I put her away and haven't touched it since. Need to get it in the dirt this year.

I sold it to one of my buddies, about a year and a half before that tornado came thrugh. I took a trip back home about two weeks after that thing blew through and it was crazy! Never seen so much destruction from a natural occurance. (If you are talking the Tornado of June 2010).

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby bigboreshooter » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:11 pm

kottke_35 wrote:
bigboreshooter wrote:

B.

I sold it to one of my buddies, about a year and a half before that tornado came thrugh. I took a trip back home about two weeks after that thing blew through and it was crazy! Never seen so much destruction from a natural occurance. (If you are talking the Tornado of June 2010).

B.

Ya 2010. maumee Forrest got tore up. It's really nice now all new trails no trees to hit.
Three is two, two is one and one is none.
bigboreshooter

Next

Return to Outdoors