"It's wabbit season"....No, it's

Anything Outdoors. Hiking, Fishing, Rock Climbing, Quads, motorcycles, camping, etc... You can talk about it here

Moderator: MudBug

"It's wabbit season"....No, it's

Postby bushmeister » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:01 pm

"Duck Season!" Thought I'd share a pic of where I duck hunted last weekend, as well as one of my best friend and the quarry in the lower right. :)
martyduck1rrr.jpg
martyduck1rrr.jpg (99.15 KiB) Viewed 14179 times
duckholerr.jpg
duckholerr.jpg (92.78 KiB) Viewed 14179 times
bushmeister

Re: "It's wabbit season"....No, it's

Postby BillytheKid » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:08 pm

Absolutely beautiful
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby wildcatter » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:59 pm

Wabbit season...that's a mighty dark beagle you got there and that quarry, looks like monster sized Boring Bees to me.

Looks like you guys are just now, well into your color change, we went past our peek, 5-6 weeks ago and now our leaves are all gone now, here in MI..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby BayouBob » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:01 am

The woods in the South are really pretty right now Tim. The swamps are even dry this fall so I could actually wear leather boots to hunt for the first time in several years. I saw ducks do something I have never seen before. The only water anywhere around is in the permanent creek that borders our lease. Wood ducks were actually waddling up the bank and into the woods. I guess that was the only way they could get to acorns that normally would have some flood water on them.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:59 am

I grew up in N. Louisiana, (Bossier Parish).
Louisiana is beautiful in the fall! I luv Lake Bisteneau!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:55 pm

:? I miss duck hunting :? 15yrs now... great pics! Enjoy it while you have it 8-)
Here's a pic from south La. (W.Feliciana) that I took out the west side of my deer stand last week... the leaves are starting to change colors now :mrgreen:

hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby wildcatter » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:08 am

Man-OH-Man, Mt.DU and the BayouBob have really got it made. I just love those pictures guys. And I just love BBQ Shramps, Cajun Style, soaking up all them juices with a large loaf of French bread. Wednesday, for dinner, we made up some white-tail smoked sausage with tons of Shramps, in an Étouffée, the twist wasn't just the venison, but the addition of Viet-Cong, nuoc mam fish sauce, "BAMM"...uummm, oh-yeah!

Listen, you guys ever run into any of my Kin down there, seems when we LeGendre's got run out of Canada, over the French Indian War thing, we settled the straights of Mackinaw south, all the way around the thumb of Michigan. Some of my kin got restless and went over to set things straight with the English and helped old George Washington out. But not before a bunch went down into your country in the mid 1600's to actually start that Cajun thing (even though the Dutchman, ames van Aressan, gets the credit, my kin guided him in about the mid 1680's) and 100 years before the Acadians showed up. The town they originally settled was called LeGendre, Louisiana and melded into the LeGendre Plantation, which, I am told, still exists, and is part of the Medway Plantation now, or therein abouts. I've got a flowery family history, that pretty much starts with a Frenchman that was to come to New York as an indentured servant, but jumped ship in the Maritimes and became, generally speaking, the Canadian version of a George Washington of sorts. Got a couple of LeGendre's with their own Polynomials and got a cuz that received the Metal of Honor on the D-Day Beaches, doing what is essentially a SEAL mission now, days before the actual D-Day landings and allot of other cool family stuff. But you guys might have run into some of them down there and it'd be interesting to here about it. I've been suggesting to the Mrs., that we come on down to your AO and get out of the snow this winter, you guys know anyone we ought to check in with, when we get there, I heard there is some mighty fine grub, in dem-dar-parts?? ..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Return to Outdoors