MudBugs Louisiana fishin' trip

Anything Outdoors. Hiking, Fishing, Rock Climbing, Quads, motorcycles, camping, etc... You can talk about it here

Moderator: MudBug

MudBugs Louisiana fishin' trip

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Mon May 27, 2013 7:40 pm

:) well, i just left Mudder at the BTR :? tired and sunburnt :P
:) he flew into baton rouge on wednesday night and we proceeded south to the coast and crashed a couple hours at the camp before hittin' the water thursday morning in search for a redfish on a fly. :| trouble was... :? we couldn't find a stinkin' redfish willing to play! :oops: ...all weekend! :shock:
:? so, with favorable winds, we proceded offshore to several oil platforms known to hold speckle trout and spent the next two days out there catchin' trout and perfecting the art of fly fishin' ;) :? did i mention not one stinkin' redfish? :roll:
:D we had a great time scouring the marsh for reds, :roll: counting gators & otters, catching specks, visiting with camp neighbors, chattin' with Cheez at Schmoopy's, :? and eatin'. :mrgreen: lots of eatin'! :lol: total score: 40 fat trout. :D we even scheduled a followup trip for october 8-)

searching for reds

catching specks
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Re: MudBugs Louisiana fishin' trip

Postby wildcatter » Mon May 27, 2013 7:45 pm

Lucky Ducks!!

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MudBug » Tue May 28, 2013 1:00 am

One of the best adventures I've ever had.

Beautiful place, great host, or should I say hosts? (Du's buddies were amazingly good to me), great food.

I swear that if you ever pass on an invite for his hospitality you are a madman.

I didn't get many pictures of fish, but I took a bunch of pictures of the area and I'll add them here tomorrow.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue May 28, 2013 2:51 am

I'm getting hungry just thinkin' about it!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Return to Outdoors