Alaska Blacktails

Anything Outdoors. Hiking, Fishing, Rock Climbing, Quads, motorcycles, camping, etc... You can talk about it here

Moderator: MudBug

Alaska Blacktails

Postby Riverkat » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:08 am

Hey guys, I am doing some research on an Alaska blacktail hunt. Both self guided, and the vessel based hunts where you basically camp on a 60 ft yacht just offshore of your hunting area. Anybody on here ever been on one of these hunts? Its been a bucket list trip for me for years.

Dan
Riverkat

Re: Alaska Blacktails

Postby kottke_35 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:53 pm

Never done one but would sure like to some day! Sorry I couldn't be of much help...

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby BillytheKid » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:59 pm

There used to be a young man here, Logan Snider, lives in Alaska and knows the hunting there. If he's no longer here, you can find him on the facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/159147048957/
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Mort » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:21 pm

Friends of mine used to fly in to Kodiak Island every year to hunt blacktails. The bears on the island have learned that a rifle report can mean free meat on the ground. So if you go to Kodiak be careful. Also be prepared to get weathered in. One year three of them shot 8 deer and had to eat more than half of the meat before the weather cleared up enough for the air service they used to fly them back out.
Mort

Postby Dave selepack » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:22 pm

Bill you could put a outboard motor on that mobile camping vehicle you took bear hunting and float to alaska , I would chip in on gas, might even have a old hoar for a emergency situation, gas prices are getting better,anchor away Marie.
Dave selepack

Return to Outdoors