1,051 lb Hogzilla 2

Anything Outdoors. Hiking, Fishing, Rock Climbing, Quads, motorcycles, camping, etc... You can talk about it here

Moderator: MudBug

1,051 lb Hogzilla 2

Postby mossy89 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:58 pm

So I was bored today and have been searching up feral hogs and wild boar all day and came across a picture I believed to be fake. Then after a little deeper into the search I found the news article and was blown away. In 2007 an 11 year old boy killed a 1,051 lb boar in Alabama. Here's the fox news article link.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,275524,00.html
mossy89

Re: 1,051 lb Hogzilla 2

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:19 pm

Makes ya wonder just how big they can get and if the kid had been
Shooting a 450 Bushmaster..... ?
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:28 am

Case in point..

I sent Barnes my personal, scoped with a Niko-Sterling 1.5x6, Izzy Braked, 20" 450b, late this last November. They shot several Hogs from 450lb to 800lb., with the 450b and 325gr Barnes Busters. They never recovered a bullet and dropped the monsters right smack in their tracks.

The point is, after the 2009 hunt, wherein their 100lb+- woman shot an 600++ pounder with a Marlin Guide Gun, in 45-70, suffering greatly from recoil, they came to the conclusion, that if a pig, moose, bear, elk, deer, or any other mad as the Dickens threatening animal charges, they would not have time to get off a second shot, if the animal starts out at 50yds+-. Therefore, my point is, Barnes' Point, the 450b, means rapid follow-up shots. I myself demonstrate the 450b on a Hundred yd. target at twenty-five yards, 5 shots in less than 2 seconds, with all shots in the black (very much Minute of Grizzle or is that Hogly) with the fore mentioned personal weapon (that Izzy brake doesn't work too well, but it shore-do holds the Muzzle down). We have had a 10 year old girl do nearly as well. I think these facts make the AR, in 450b, the best weapon ever, for Professional Hunting (PH) and if that is true then how much better is it for us?

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bushmeister » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:10 pm

Dont let Wildcatter fool you with that minute of grizzle talk. I witnessed him blowing up 5 2L bottles at 100 yds in about 10 seconds with gunnuts 2500fps loads (and with MY carbine of course) :D He is not really a minute of Grizzle kind of guy, more like a minute of possum if you ask me.
bushmeister

Postby pitted bore » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:29 pm

It's worthwhile doing a google search on "Hogzilla", and checking out some of the listings. Separating urban legend from fact becomes difficult, which is the usual situation on the internet.
--Bob
pitted bore

Postby wildcatter » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:48 pm

OK, got the permission to show ya all. Here is a Barnes Bullet Hunt, in Northern Utah, late this last November. I didn't quite get who the kids are, but they a High School Teens. Barnes wanted to show how safe we are with a reliable Semi-Auto, using a 45cal 325gr Barnes Buster, on dangerous animals. If the Animal charged, they could put follow-up shots on the critter, where-in you'd need help from other shooters, if a Bolt action or Lever gun was used and the animal started out at 50yds or less.

The First Pig is a 450lb behemoth. The second is a 600++ pounder. Keep in mind these are one-shot-drop'em-where-they-stand, kills. The Famous Armor Plates, protecting both shoulders, were completely penetrated, lungs, hearts, were totally smashed to smithereens and the bullets were never found, they may still be flying.

The firearm displayed, by the kids, is my personal weapon. I also sent them 2100fps loads for the 450b/325gr Barnes Busters. This is a serious testament guys, hogs of this size are almost impossible to kill quickly and often Mame the shooter or worst and are possibly the toughest thing we've got in North America. Animals of this size and disposition (And I understand they got an 800 pounder to boot) laugh at 308's and 300 Magnums, don't even think about a 7mm mag. I wouldn't go after one these monsters with anything less than a 338WM and then wonder if I've got a back-up shooter, but let's face it guys, .."when the shots are marginal, and they always seem so, you'd better have enough gun"!!! Make mine a 450 Bushmaster, PERIOD, no explanations and no excuses. ..t

Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby BillytheKid » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:56 pm

HOLY SMOKE!

That makes me PROUD to be a .450 owner!
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:56 pm

That's wild! Hey, could you resize the pics so we can see the whole
Hogs?
I've been praising the 450 B to a few of the guys at work. Hopefully
They will read this and put in their order for a 450 Bushmaster soon.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:05 pm

Tex,

While depressing the "Control" button and hit the -minus button several times and you'll get the size you need.

Question: Is dem keepers or what??

And am I overstating this, that if I saw these and that 800 pounder they got, in the field ..."I'd throw down my rifle, shrieking like a girl, I'd run like mad and wet my pants, all the while!!!!""
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby BillytheKid » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:05 pm

[quote="Texas Sheepdawg" Hey, could you resize the pics so we can see the whole
Hogs? [/quote]

Try holding the CTRL button while turning the scroll wheel on your mouse. When I do this, it makes the text smaller, but the whole photo comes into frame.

Bill
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Next

Return to Outdoors