Tropical Storm Lee... could've been worse!

Anything Outdoors. Hiking, Fishing, Rock Climbing, Quads, motorcycles, camping, etc... You can talk about it here

Moderator: MudBug

Tropical Storm Lee... could've been worse!

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:55 pm

:? Well, that was another close call :roll: T.S.Lee brought 55mph winds & a 6ft storm surge to the fishin' camp. No real damage though :)
:| these are some pic's that my neighbor took the next day after the water had receeded about 3ft, which is at the door knobs downstairs. :oops:
:| i spent this weekend down there cleaning the yard & fixing lattice work. :roll:

looking east from camp

looking south from camp

across the bayou

up the bayou; high water mark was just below the door knobs at grade.

:D the storm didn't dampen the gator season though! my neighbor & sons pulled up to my pier saturday morning with the last of his 80 gator tags filled; 7.5ft to 11ft. ;) ...and he was happy to let me know :? the one farthest to the right came out of the ditch in my front yard! :D
:) in case you're wondering... that 20ft boat has a 102" bottom width, and that's a 17yr old standing on one of 'um! 8-)
MOUNTIN DU

Re: Tropical Storm Lee... could've been worse!

Postby BillytheKid » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand some of that gator tail is on it's way to me when?

LOL
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby FirstNation » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:19 am

Cool, you've got gator hunters in the family! Did you see the pic of that HUGE one they caught in the Phillipines? 21 footer, over 2300 lbs! :o
huge gator!!.jpg
huge gator!!.jpg (24.31 KiB) Viewed 9959 times
FirstNation

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:13 am

I'm glad you guys escaped the wrath. But I sure do wish that rain would have headed this way. The whole state of Texas is in a drought. And the wildfires are just beginning to sweep across the state. Obama finally signed the approval for federal aid to Texas, but remember back in April, before Perry announced his run for the Presidency, Obama refused federal aid when wildfires swept through counties about 100 miles west of me and destroyed over 200 homes and killed one firefighter. Guess obama doesn't want to make the wrong impression by making it seem like something personal during the election. But it makes you wonder if he would have approved Aid in the absence of a Perry Ticket. Anyway, the drought is creating problems around my farm too. The earth is opening up threatening injuries to my animals and the ground around the house and the barn is shifting causing problems. We are actually wishing for a tropical disturbance to send us about 6-8 inches of rain over the next two weeks. NWS thinks the may be another La Ninia' forming which might give us three more months of dry WX. Our lakes are starting to drop and that's affecting our water supply. Someone do a Rain Dance!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Return to Outdoors