*Hello to all our new members*

Anything Outdoors. Hiking, Fishing, Rock Climbing, Quads, motorcycles, camping, etc... You can talk about it here

Moderator: MudBug

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby ThatGuy80 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:22 pm

Hello all,

I’m new to the forum and 450 BM in general. Thanks for having me and I hope to learn a few things from the group.

ThatGuy80
ThatGuy80

Postby peterf225 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:13 pm

Hey y’all,

I’m new to forum and the 450BM, but I am an avid reloader and hunter. I have been reading here since I purchased/built my 450BM AR aka Thumper. So far this forum has been very helpful. Hope to keep learning from everyone.

Peter
peterf225

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:13 am

Welcome guys, we all learn something new every day!!
Al in Mi

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:56 am

Welcome to all our new members! For all of you who are new this cartridge, I would like to direct you to this conversation first. This post was written by the late Timothy LeGendre himself (RIP), who’s handle here on the forum is Wildcatter.
Whenever you read any posts by Wildcatter just know that you are reading the knowledge from the actual inventor and patent holder of the 450 Bushmaster cartridge and you need to be paying attention.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=73
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby JM_OH » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:26 pm

Hello mudbug and the rest of those on the forum.
JM_OH

Postby GNTX » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:37 pm

Hello all. Just joined up here the other day after having read the forum as a guest off and on. I have been trying to get my 18” upper to feed reliably but so far no luck. I am going to do some high frame rate recording of the ejection port at some point to see what is going on. I’m using mags that are set up for 450 with the single stack follower and I have added additional clearance on the front lip of mag to keep the case mouth from catching.

Hope to learn some more and when I get some video to share, maybe some of the experts here can point me in the right direction.

Safe shooting,

Greg
GNTX

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:02 pm

GNTX wrote:Hello all. Just joined up here the other day after having read the forum as a guest off and on. I have been trying to get my 18” upper to feed reliably but so far no luck. I am going to do some high frame rate recording of the ejection port at some point to see what is going on. I’m using mags that are set up for 450 with the single stack follower and I have added additional clearance on the front lip of mag to keep the case mouth from catching.

Hope to learn some more and when I get some video to share, maybe some of the experts here can point me in the right direction.

Safe shooting,

Greg

I would be interested in seeing pictures of your magazine springs. Laying next to the magazine.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby kml9705 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:33 am

Hi all and thanks for letting me in. I'm new to the 450b and I'm looking forward about learning more about this round. I purchased it primarily for hog hunting on the recommendation of the outfitter we use. I purchased the 450b in the bolt action Mossberg Patriot with the 20" barrel. I almost have it set up the way I want and I'm looking forward to taking it on our annual hog hunt in Florida come January.
kml9705

Postby GNTX » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:37 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:
GNTX wrote:Hello all. Just joined up here the other day after having read the forum as a guest off and on. I have been trying to get my 18” upper to feed reliably but so far no luck. I am going to do some high frame rate recording of the ejection port at some point to see what is going on. I’m using mags that are set up for 450 with the single stack follower and I have added additional clearance on the front lip of mag to keep the case mouth from catching.

Safe shooting,

Greg

I would be interested in seeing pictures of your magazine springs. Laying next to the magazine.

I can do that. Thanks from a fellow Texan.
GNTX

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:43 pm

GNTX wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:

Safe shooting,

Greg

I can do that. Thanks from a fellow Texan.

Did you ever get it figured out?
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Outdoors