*Hello to all our new members*

Anything Outdoors. Hiking, Fishing, Rock Climbing, Quads, motorcycles, camping, etc... You can talk about it here

Moderator: MudBug

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby GNTX » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:38 am

GNTX wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:
GNTX wrote:Hello all. Just joined up here the other day after having read the forum as a guest off and on. I have been trying to get my 18” upper to feed reliably but so far no luck. I am going to do some high frame rate recording of the ejection port at some point to see what is going on. I’m using mags that are set up for 450 with the single stack follower and I have added additional clearance on the front lip of mag to keep the case mouth from catching.

Hope to learn some more and when I get some video to share, maybe some of the experts here can point me in the right direction.

Safe shooting,

Greg

I would be interested in seeing pictures of your magazine springs. Laying next to the magazine.

I can do that. Thanks from a fellow Texan.

I haven’t forgotten to take pictures, just haven’t had a chance during this hectic time of year.
GNTX

Postby Michiganmuzzy » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:21 pm

Hello all of you. Im new to reloading. New the the 450b. Thanks for having me and all the info you guys freely share.
Michiganmuzzy

Postby artful » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:53 pm

Thanks for hosting a site for this interesting cartridge - I'm putting together an AR and want to suppress it. I have a lot of reading to do and appreciate all that you are sharing with the world.
artful

Postby Al in Mi » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:42 am

welcome, suppressed 450, now that's interesting!!
Al in Mi

Postby plant_one » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:14 pm

Al in Mi wrote:welcome, suppressed 450, now that's interesting!!

they are - i've shot two different ones (20" bushmaster and a 18" bca) - both hosting a hybrid 46.

damned impressive!
plant_one

Postby jolinemelina » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:24 am

Thanks for the welcome message.
jolinemelina

Postby GetOffMyLawn » Sat May 29, 2021 5:19 am

Good day all, I'm a noob to this forum, and the 450Bm. I built a 300BLK SBR worth the plan of hunting deer suppressed. After bribing the king $200 to have a shorter rifle and assembly, I researched sub hunting loads. That was the wrong order, I'm not convinced of a DRT with the 300. I've contacted Howa several times in the last 3 years asking if they'd make a big bore mini action, like 458 SOCOM with a high twist rate on their mini bolt action. They told me no.
A very active local forum member had a mini 223 for sale. I was going to buy and rebarrel it. When I mentioned it, he informed me Howa made a 16" threaded barreled 450BM :shock:
I found a new one and brought it home yesterday :D
So far I bought a SiCo Hybrid supressor, now to find glass, brass, bullet mold, bullets and dies.
GetOffMyLawn

Postby GaCop » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:41 am

Welcome to the forums!
Vietnam Vet Jun 66 - Dec 67
GaCop

Postby GaCop » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:49 am

Finding everything needed to reload the Bushmaster is going to be a PIA right now with the shortages of reloading supplies.
Vietnam Vet Jun 66 - Dec 67
GaCop

Postby LivinTheDream » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:39 am

What an awesome forum with a ton of valuable info!! I’m in the middle of a 10.5” build after having a 20” BRO setup that I got rid of. The BRO was east because they worked everything out before I got it. Hopefully with an X-caliber barrel, a Superlative gas block, a Windham bcg and an H3 buffer, all I’ll have to do is dial in the gas block!! I’ve already been eyeballing Hoot’s bcg mod just in case though...lol
LivinTheDream

PreviousNext

Return to Outdoors