*Hello to all our new members*

Anything Outdoors. Hiking, Fishing, Rock Climbing, Quads, motorcycles, camping, etc... You can talk about it here

Moderator: MudBug

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:25 am

Welcome!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby pmnewlon » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:51 am

Good afternoon 450BM folks! After finding this site via a comment in this thread I am glad to be here!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/show ... 31&page=10

Not new to handloading (30+ years) but new to working with cast bullets in "uncharted" territory - that is, I've always been able to find exactly what I need in one loading manual or another.

Thanks for the add and the effort you put into running the site!
pmnewlon

Postby Hoot » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:49 pm

pmnewlon wrote:Good afternoon 450BM folks! After finding this site via a comment in this thread I am glad to be here!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/show ... 31&page=10

Not new to handloading (30+ years) but new to working with cast bullets in "uncharted" territory - that is, I've always been able to find exactly what I need in one loading manual or another.

Thanks for the add and the effort you put into running the site!

Welcome Aboard PM!

Wow, that was the same thread that got me interested 6 months after the last post, 7 Years Ago!

Cast boolits in this caliber, especially from an AR (original) platform variant, are tricky. I've never ventured down that path, but there are members who have. I'm sure they can guide you about specific bullets you may have questions about. There is also the search term "cast"". That narrows the field quickly without any other search term on Google. Still it returns 231 posts, so have at it.
The search expression to use on Google would be site:450bushmaster.net "cast"

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Fin 450 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:24 am

Hello and thanks for the add. From Finland and ordered today my first Ruger 450 bushmaster, think i will get it in februari 2018. Going to hunt moose with the 450 next season. Also planning to convert one of my sako 308 to 450. Have a great hunting season everyone!
Fin 450

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:33 am

Fin 450 wrote:Hello and thanks for the add. From Finland and ordered today my first Ruger 450 bushmaster, think i will get it in februari 2018. Going to hunt moose with the 450 next season. Also planning to convert one of my sako 308 to 450. Have a great hunting season everyone!

Welcome to our electronic campfire, Fin. Pull up a stump.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby RLWithrow » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:47 pm

Hello and thanks for allowing me to join this great forum! I recently started studying about the 450 Bushmaster caliber because of an advertisement from Windham Weaponry and further investigating found me viewing this very informative forum and decided to join. I have the Windham Weaponry upper on my Windham SRC lower and boy it sure shoots great! I'll post up a picture soon of the nice buck deer I took a few weeks ago. I also have hand loaded for around 40 years and enjoy the woods with a bow in my hands for 46 years now. Thanks again and I'll try to contribute when I can, Russ.
RLWithrow

Postby meistermash » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Hello new friends.
After looking for 450 info I have been lurking here.
I thought self, I don't need another gun forum to be on.
Well, I was wrong. There is an impressive amount of knowledge on here.
Stuff I've never heard of. Reloading practices I've never tried. New calibers in the ar platform.

So hello and thank you for providing a good knowledgeable forum.
meistermash

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:49 pm

meistermash wrote:Hello new friends.
After looking for 450 info I have been lurking here.
I thought self, I don't need another gun forum to be on.
Well, I was wrong. There is an impressive amount of knowledge on here.
Stuff I've never heard of. Reloading practices I've never tried. New calibers in the ar platform.

So hello and thank you for providing a good knowledgeable forum.

Welcome Sir.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby propwashP47 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:33 am

hello the camp. I smelled your coffee up on the trail.if can you spare a cup? what is that rife I am packing? why its a GLFA 20 in 450 bushmaster with a 18 in ultra slim m lock rail and a LUTH M3 stock . yes its heavy right it 12 lbs. with the n/v and ir red dot, ir laser, 3 rounds in the mag. no it was not hard to build if you don't count 6 missing take down springs and detents. I hope to getting on some good hog hunts this coming year. thanks much for the cup and glad to met ya.
propwashP47

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:10 am

propwashP47 wrote:hello the camp. I smelled your coffee up on the trail.if can you spare a cup? what is that rife I am packing? why its a GLFA 20 in 450 bushmaster with a 18 in ultra slim m lock rail and a LUTH M3 stock . yes its heavy right it 12 lbs. with the n/v and ir red dot, ir laser, 3 rounds in the mag. no it was not hard to build if you don't count 6 missing take down springs and detents. I hope to getting on some good hog hunts this coming year. thanks much for the cup and glad to met ya.

Welcome to our electronic campfire! Wildcatter stole all the SMores though.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Outdoors