Kottke_35 kills a monster Muley.

Let's see the trophies you took with other calibers and weapons, etc
Hunting, Fishing Trapping, Noodling, I don't care.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Kottke_35 kills a monster Muley.

Postby BayouBob » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:04 am

I got a 2 pound bass with a .44 Special once! Seriously, our little group is pretty informal. One of the nice things about out forum is we don't have too many stinking rules like some of the other forums. On AR.com if you just word your question wrong you get moved or deleted depending on the whim of a moderator.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby MudBug » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:12 am

BayouBob wrote:I got a 2 pound bass with a .44 Special once! Seriously, our little group is pretty informal. One of the nice things about out forum is we don't have too many stinking rules like some of the other forums. On AR.com if you just word your question wrong you get moved or deleted depending on the whim of a moderator.

In general all I expect is that we all show some respect to each other.

I do like things to be posted in the right place though, just because it makes it easier for people to find later.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby Jim in Houston » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:11 am

gunnut wrote:It does say trophy wall.. So, I could post a pic of a 10lb bass!
Great story! congrats!

Actually, the Trophy Wall in the 450 Bushmaster section of the forum has the notation in the Board Index:

The Trophy Wall
    Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Just want to get things posted where they belong. I read 'em all, anyway, and sure wouldn't want to have missed the write-up and photos on the mule deer. But I am really interested in what is being done with the 450, rather than the more "conventional" deer or big game rifles.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:28 am

commander faschisto wrote:How about: First one to take a 10 lb. bass with a 450B?? I'd pay to see that video! ;)

Dawg, you should put one of your kids up to trying that...just be sure to borrow your neighbor's boat... :)

We would have to wear masks, as I don't think Texas Parks and Wildlife would consider stunning a body of water a legal method of taking game fish.....
Wow! I'm glad I didn't post a picture of that Armadillo that I hit with my truck the other night, MudBug would have to start ANOTHER FORUM called ROAD KILL CAFE TROPHY ROOM. :roll:
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:55 pm

commander faschisto wrote:How about: First one to take a 10 lb. bass with a 450B?? I'd pay to see that video! ;)

Dawg, you should put one of your kids up to trying that...just be sure to borrow your neighbor's boat... :)

Holy Cow, Me TOO!! I'd pay a bunch for that Video!!

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby cptrifeg2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:09 am

wildcatter wrote:

Holy Cow, Me TOO!! I'd pay a bunch for that Video!!

..t

kinda like prairie dog hunting with 338 lapua or snapping turtles with 45-70 lol...I' not sure which I enjoy more but both look like gremlins going in the microwave :)

"Soldier's dont rise to the occasion, but fall to their level of training".
cptrifeg2

Postby LlindeX » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:18 pm

Where's the details??? It's been six months and we're still a'waitin!
Ask a Syrian why his gun rights are so important !
Then, ask yourself why any Politician really wants to take our's away !!!
LlindeX

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:53 am

Well, it's not a ten pound bass and its not a 450 Bushmaster, but the outcome is still the same. Dove season hasn't even started yet and my truck has killed more doves than I did all of last year. This one thumped my windshield last week. All that's left is a couple of feathers on the windshield.

image.jpg
Dove remains
image.jpg (1.87 MiB) Viewed 30455 times
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Previous

Return to The General Trophy Wall