7 pound Bass

Let's see the trophies you took with other calibers and weapons, etc
Hunting, Fishing Trapping, Noodling, I don't care.

Moderator: MudBug

7 pound Bass

Postby MudBug » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:04 pm

It's not 10 pounds like gunnut mentioned, but it's the biggest fish I've caught on a fly.

The Fish

The Fly (I tied it myself the night before)

Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Re: 7 pound Bass

Postby gunnut » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:24 pm

holy crap! on a fly rod! That was fun! :o
gunnut

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:32 pm

I don't see any bullet holes... ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby kottke_35 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:37 pm

Nice fish! That had to be a blast! Congrats.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby MudBug » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:43 pm

gunnut wrote:holy crap! on a fly rod! That was fun! :o

Redington Predator 8 Weight. (this rod is made for bass fishing) I'm glad I had it because that fish did a pretty good job of scaring me on this rod, he would have freaked me out if I had caught him on my 6 weight.

That fly is 5 or 6 inches long. The back is foam so it floats, and that lip makes it pop like a popper. There was no explosion like you see on TV when a bass takes a topwater lure/fly. My fly simply disappeared so I raised the tip to see what was happening and that fish took off like a freight train,
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby wildcatter » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:03 pm

MudBug wrote:It's not 10 pounds like gunnut mentioned, but it's the biggest fish I've caught on a fly.

The Fly (I tied it myself the night before)

Now this is what I call FISHING.

He Ties the Fly, puts it in one of those BIG "Hollow Head" Bullets and shoots the fish at a mile and a half, down river and all with the 450b........

Hey! What? I can spin a fish yarn with the best of them and ah-sides, I like my story better!!

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:06 pm

:o that's a dang nice bass for any type of rod :shock: but a fly rod :D that takes the cake! :mrgreen:

:) maybe you can plan a fishin' trip with me for redfish ;) it's becoming more & more popular for anglers to use 'um on big reds in the skinny saltwater flats down here too. 8-) i don't use one :| but i have the accomodations, boat and access to a vast saltwater marsh paradise, if you feel adventurous :)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby wildcatter » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:25 pm

MOUNTIN DU wrote::o that's a dang nice bass for any type of rod :shock: but a fly rod :D that takes the cake! :mrgreen:

:) maybe you can plan a fishin' trip with me for redfish ;) it's becoming more & more popular for anglers to use 'um on big reds in the skinny saltwater flats down here too. 8-) i don't use one :| but i have the accomodations, boat and access to a vast saltwater marsh paradise, if you feel adventurous :)

Hey Du, I wanna go fishing wit ya all..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MudBug » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:25 pm

MOUNTIN DU wrote::o that's a dang nice bass for any type of rod :shock: but a fly rod :D that takes the cake! :mrgreen:

In a friggen heart beat.

When is the best time to fish them?

When is the best time for you?

I'm googling redfish flies right now. :lol:
Eric

MudBug
Site Admin

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:50 pm

:? Sorry for the late response :oops: i've been chasin' those furocious whitetails :lol:
:) anytime is good for the fishin' ;) we have no closed seasons :mrgreen: speckled trout on the inside (coastal marsh) is hottest from Sept thru April. by late May they move to the outside (offshore) and will spawn thru August. that's when we slam 'um at the offshore oil rigs :mrgreen: redfishin' is good on the inside all the time; but inside marsh is especially good with the buggy whips during the hot months, push poling and site castin'. i close down my fishin' camp and winterize the boats for the deer season, late October thru late January. i usually head back down in February and start fishin' again in early March before the big trout head south and eventually offshore. i have an 18' inshore boat and a 24' offshore boat so the fish are never out of range. :D
just let me know what time is best for either or both of ya and i can provide the accomodations, boats and know how. all you have to do is find your way here, get your liscense, and everything else is on me. i'm not a professional guide, but i spent my whole life rippin' the lips off of fish in the coastal marsh and near shore rigs. ;) if you hookup with me on facebook; dennis marrero, you'll have access to all my albums to get a glimpse of what i'm talkin' about. 8-)
:) ball's in your court now! :D Seriously, let's set something up. 8-)

night fishin' offshore. my neighbor & I, 50 trout!
Last edited by MOUNTIN DU on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Next

Return to The General Trophy Wall