*Hello to all our new members*

Let's see the trophies you took with other calibers and weapons, etc
Hunting, Fishing Trapping, Noodling, I don't care.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby rahl07 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:32 am

Happy to be a part of the community. I've got a .450BM Gunsite on the way!
rahl07

Postby Thom28 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:24 pm

rahl07 wrote:Happy to be a part of the community. I've got a .450BM Gunsite on the way!

Welcome aboard rahl07. Lots of good information here and a great bunch of guys.

I am sure you will enjoy your Gunsite. I have one and it is a great shooter. I'm in the process of working up a load for it with Barnes 200gr XPB and Lil Gun.
U.S. Army Veteran
NRA Life Member

"From My Cold Dead Hands."-Charlton Heston 2000
Thom28

Postby cwlongshot » Tue May 01, 2018 12:11 pm

Hello,

Glad I found the place!!

I am a LOONG time re-loader, but new to the 450 BM.

Mostly looking at the hunting and reloading side of posts.

CW
cwlongshot

Postby plant_one » Tue May 01, 2018 7:06 pm

welcome - i see you found the place alright :)

these guys will make sure you're on the right track with your 450 RARR :mrgreen:
plant_one

Postby Big-Hoss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:48 pm

Hello,
Just finished my Windham .450 AR build, and wanted to see what others were doing. Learn a bit, and share a bit as well!

Big Hoss
Big-Hoss

Postby ZuperDave » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:19 am

Hey.

Just registered here, so I'm checking in.

Just received my 18" complete upper in 450B from Bear Creek Arsenal. Awesome. Got an Anderson lower to build out, but for now just swapped out the top of my Colt Match gun. Not sure what I want to top it with. Several options laying on the bench. Decisions, decisions......

Reloading dies arrived yesterday. Should have ordered brass at the same time. I thought I could find it local - NOT! Just ordered the brass.

I looked up this forum to see what is working good in terms of reloads or, in my current situation, loads.

See you in the threads.

Dave
ZuperDave

Postby Zad Fnark » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:26 am

Hi guys (gals?)

New guy here, from Wisconsin.

Glad I found this place. Seems like a nice mellow place to hang out with a few experts on hand.

I'm in the process of building a 20" .450BM AR and was searching the webz for load data. From here, it seems Lil' Gun is the powder of choice (275gr and under), so I already got a jug of that.

Ed
Zad Fnark

Postby Hoot » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:11 pm

Welcome Aboard (belatedly) Dave and Ed. Its a pretty cool crowd here. Many lay back in the weeds but rise to the occasion when they can help.

Ed, once you're ready to reload, post your questions in the Reloading for the 450b sub-forum. There are some pretty astute reloaders here, with oodles of 450b experience.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Zad Fnark » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:21 am

Thanks, Hoot. I've already seen some great posts by you and others here.

I've got Starline cases and Hornady 250 FTX due to arrive tomorrow. Only now, did I notice that I could have gotten 100 225 FTX bullets for the exact same price as 50 of the 250s. Doh! From the mood I've seen here, the 225 may be a better choice anyway. Ditto with Lil' Gun powder, which I found at my favorite gun shop. They're really heavy into the Hodgdon powders.

Until this year, the most modern cartridge I've ever loaded was a .30-40 Krag. I've mostly been busy with my .50-70 cartridges for my Trapdoors. Earlier this year, I pieced together a 6.8 and 6.5 Grendel on AR platforms. How I've been able to get this many guns in one year is a mystery. I usually average one every 6 years. Probably because my wife spent hundreds of dollars playing bingo with her mother. :D

Later,

Ed
Zad Fnark

Postby Jimmy Valentine » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:56 pm

Hmmm, this looks like the right place...

Hello folks. Recently won a rifle as a door prize at a banquet, at first heard only "CVA" and "fifty." Thought it was a front-loader and wasn't sure it was me until teenage daughter elbowed me, then I thought "That's cool, already have one myself so this can be hers." Hmmm, come to find out there was more to it, cva HUNTER FOUR fifty BUSHMASTER with scope base and rings, new in the box. Had no idea of such a thing, so it just got more interesting. Sign paperwork, take it home, now what? What is 450, er, bushwhacker, bushmaster, anyhow? Looks big. Did some research, read about this hot new deer cartridge in the Midwest, legal here in Ohio. Had been thinking about getting a lever rifle in .44 mag or .45-70 since they changed the law. Hmm, used to hunt a lot, been awhile, daughter interested, maybe start again? Factory ammo selection limited and pricey, used to reload a lot, been awhile, daughter interested, maybe start again? Wife probably won't hunt, but likes to shoot. Found this community, ordered a box of stuff, gonna dig out my gear and supplies and see what she likes. As for daughter, SHE rolled her eyes and said "I guess I'm going to be reloading your cartridges whenever I'm on vacation from school, huh?" But, she smiled when she said it. I'll post results whenever I have some, and maybe the odd question or comment, and maybe a pic if daughter thumps a wallhanger.

Been awhile, looking forward to this!

JV
Jimmy Valentine

PreviousNext

Return to The General Trophy Wall