Leupold Scope for 450 BM....

Red Dot? Low Power Variable? Muzzle Loader glass?
I get it, what to choose, what to choose.
Get info and talk about it here.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Leupold Scope for 450 BM....

Postby Jim in Houston » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:52 pm

Chris P Bacon wrote:Black reticle on a black hogs at night don't work, ask me how I know. :oops:

Leupold however, is a little TOO proud of their illuminating scopes pricewise (at least for my tastes compared to other offerings).

If price is no object, and you're a diehard Leupold fan. Well...they have illuminated, what are you waiting for?

I wanted illuminated ballistic plex reticle, with a lifetime warranty, and a scope that is double sprung, to handle the recoil of the 450 (and last), at a more modest price. My vote goes to the Burris FullField E1 3-9x40 Riflescope with Illuminated Ballistic Plex E1 Reticle Model 200322. It's street price for these features is hard to beat.

Didn't see a need for an elevation dial for a host of reasons that I wont get into here unless asked. But will divulge, since 300yrds is 'bout the max with this round, and most animals will be taken at 200yrds (or less, by me, with this equipment). The Plex is a quick alternative way to get off an accurate shot without monkeying with dials.

I have the Lepould VX-R with the FireDot ballistic reticle. The FireDot gives you the illumination at the center of the crosshairs, but the holdover/under marks on the scope are not illuminated. I agree that trying to adjust the dials, especially if you will be hunting hogs at night, is a little problematic. With a good ballistic reticle, you can pretty much cover the waterfront with the range marks on the scope out to 300 yards with the BM450. The Burris looks like a good bet to get the illumination you want.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Chris P Bacon » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:21 pm

It's not too busy, but has what you need at night for quicker shooting. Works well in the day too in darker brush.

Chris P Bacon

Postby mwalters » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:02 am

coyote wacker wrote:
No it not that scope........this is it.........https://www.leupold.com/hunting-shootin ... x40mm-cds/

You dial your range and has a plex....

Linky no worky......
mwalters

Postby Handgunner » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:15 pm

It is a mark AR 3-9x40 450 Bushmaster.
Don't know where you guys get your info????????
RETIRED
US ARMY VET. 1966/1968
Deputy Sheriff & Fire Fighter
Life Member NRA/1976
Firearms Enthusiast
Handgunner

Postby tpcollins » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:53 am

I bought that VX-2 3-9x40 CDS earlier this year and was going to put it on my backup muzzleloader. It has a MOA dial now but I am eligible for a free CDS dial also. Since this scope is now going on my Savage Model 12, I'll be getting that dial for the 450BM trajectory. :D
tpcollins

Postby sbrGrendel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:11 pm

You can get any scope that Kenton Industries make a BDC for that optic and send them your info and get a setup and skip leupy if they are to pricey for you. Or go the Leupold route, I mean the dial ability is pretty fast. Range the animal or range land marks so you know what to dial on the optic.

IMO it’s always good to have the best glass you can afford on your rig and learn how to use a reticule, dial via mil or moa if not than get a bdc and use a laser range finder so your on target and your doing the animal right by hitting it hard with less suffering.
sbrGrendel

Postby cwlongshot » Tue May 08, 2018 1:28 pm

Mine wears a long time favorite of mine. A Leupold VXII 2x7. This one is in matt and has a German reticule that I like for quick close and fast shooting!

the very tip of the point, is nearly dead on @ 50, 100 is just a lil higher and 200 is JUST covered with the tip.

CW
cwlongshot

Previous

Return to Optics for the 450 Bushmaster