What Optics are you using on your Thumper?

Red Dot? Low Power Variable? Muzzle Loader glass?
I get it, what to choose, what to choose.
Get info and talk about it here.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: What Optics are you using on your Thumper?

Postby Al in Mi » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:54 am

BillytheKid wrote:I followed the sales, and saved up to finally get a Zeiss 3-9x40.

nice glass
Al in Mi

Postby TacoTaco » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:32 am

Nikon Prostaff 2-7X32. Great bang for the buck.
TacoTaco

Postby Jeepejeep » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:38 am

I have a Bushnell 3X9 on mine with the lighted reticle, either red or green. I went with this because a few years ago I was bear hunting in Maine and the only bear I saw came in at almost dark. I had the cross hairs on him but they disappeared on that black fur so I could not be sure of the shot. The contrasting color would have given me a good idea where on the body I was aiming. It's also just a good scope, very clear and so far has held up to the recoil with no problems at all.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby Martin3175 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:54 am

I went with a Minox 1.5-8 .. Excellent glass , looks good on the gun , and very wide zoom range . I also have a 7.62x39 Colt AR , and it wears a new Bushnell Elite 2-7 . I have a handful of these on various slug guns and a black powder .The Rainguard feature really works , they've proven durable, and certainly get the job done . Wouldn't hesitate getting another
Martin3175

Postby Hopalong » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:23 pm

I'm tinkering with a Burris Fast Fire for the time being. I have visions of hunting hogs in the sort of brushy territory that isn't common here in CO. I'm not crazy about having no magnification, but being able to co-witness with the backup sites is pretty slick. May ultimately go with a 1-4x of some sort, though.
Hopalong

Postby lungingturtle2 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:28 am

Palmetto State Arms has Weaver Kaspa scopes with burris pepr mount for $199.95 w/free shipping. They don't specify what reticle comes w/scope though.
Last edited by lungingturtle2 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lungingturtle2

Postby Hoot » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:33 am

lungingturtle2 wrote:Palmetto State arms has weaver scopes with burris pepr mount for $199.95 w/free shipping. They don't specify what reticle comes w/scope though.

Side Focus no less! Depending upon the Kaspa's track record, that sure seems like a good deal.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby lungingturtle2 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:05 pm

I'm a sucker for a good deal, I ordered a 2.5-10X 50mm with illuminated reticle and 30mm tube. I've been looking for a good price for a pepr mount for a while, looks like this is it.
lungingturtle2

Postby Jim in Houston » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:45 am

Natchez is having a sale on weaver scopes - one that was originally $1000 on sale for $300. Looks like some really good deals, depending on your preferences for reticles. Here is an example - http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=WE800709&lsrc=prgRstr&utm_source=prgRstr&src=BE997&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=09202012Weaver. There is a list of all the sale items on the right side of the page.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby 30Hart » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:03 am

Just a word of caution on those Weaver scopes Natchez is selling. They are Weaver Classic Extreme scopes. Originally, those scopes were an excellent line of scopes made in Japan for Weaver starting around 2007. They were discontinued a long time ago. The scopes Natchez is selling are new scopes, not closeouts made in the Phillipines, not Japan. That is why they are so cheap. They don't use the same glass as what was in the original scopes and are not the same quality. Natchez purchased the production run and the boxes do not indentify place of manufacture. This information was given by Weaver...hope this helps in making a decision on the scopes, thanks.
30 Hart
30Hart

PreviousNext

Return to Optics for the 450 Bushmaster