EOTech Holographic Sights

Red Dot? Low Power Variable? Muzzle Loader glass?
I get it, what to choose, what to choose.
Get info and talk about it here.

Moderator: MudBug

EOTech Holographic Sights

Postby Jim in Houston » Thu May 16, 2013 4:09 pm

I am looking to purchase an EOTech Holographic Sight for a UTS15 shotgun. Does anyone have a recommendation on a specific model. I am leaning toward the XPS2, which as near as I can figure out, is the newest model, and it is also the most compact. It is running around $520. It is not night vision equipment compatible. To get that, I would need the EXPS3, about $100 more. There are also less compact - and possibly older models like the 512 and 552. I think they take different batteries, AA's vs 123's.

Anyone with any experience with these, I would appreciate your comments. Or alternatives.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Re: EOTech Holographic Sights

Postby PRKL8R » Thu May 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Hey Jim, I really liked my 512 on the 450 Bushmaster. It prolly the best sight for close quarters and should be awesome on shotgun. The 450 now wears a Leupold 1x4 Hog for paper punching and longer range hunting. Still have the E-O Tech sighted in for a backup. Reasons I went for 512 were AA batteries (Mine came w/ 2 lithium&2 alkaline) pick em up anywhere,price was a lot less, and the 512 has a long proven rep. HOWEVER the compact model certainly has advantages.
"a citizenry armed with riles cannot be tyrannized." Jeff Cooper
PRKL8R

Re: EOTech Holographic Sights

Postby Colohunter » Thu May 16, 2013 8:18 pm

I have the 512 on my .223. I really like the sight and the cheap batteries, but a shorter models would be nice.
Colohunter

Return to Optics for the 450 Bushmaster