Anyone using a Vortex Strike Eagle

Red Dot? Low Power Variable? Muzzle Loader glass?
I get it, what to choose, what to choose.
Get info and talk about it here.

Moderator: MudBug

Anyone using a Vortex Strike Eagle

Postby PJames » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:46 am

I am using one and will be testing it out on the 450BM. I really liked it on my 6.5 Grendel. Not sure how the bdc will workout. It's a little heavy though and was thinking about the 1x4 leupold hog plex or a2x7 leupold LR.
"One Good Shot--Is All I Need."
PJames

Re: Anyone using a Vortex Strike Eagle

Postby kingfisher2 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:45 pm

I am using one on my Blackout, works great, bought because it's a local company(Wisconsin based) to me and it's warranty is hands down one of the best! Still putting together my 450, and the jury is still out on what I will use.

On a side note...Vortex just announced a 1-8 Strike Eagle! I may get that!
kingfisher2

Postby Ridley » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:37 pm

I have a 1-6x and the 1-8x. They should work good for the 450. They have held up to the FN SCAR17's weird recoil. The 1-8x has a nicer reticle IMO.

The eyebox gets a little tight at max mag on either.

The only other thing I can say about them is they aren't very good in low light with the small objective. Other than those two small issues, I like them and still use them. One lives on a 300 blackout and the other on a .223 after a short stint on the SCAR for both of them.
Ridley

Postby mcb » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:50 am

I have a Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10x44 on my 450BM. My only complaint is after the second shooting session the Vortex Sport Cantilever 30mm Mount I used to mount it had come a bit loose and let the scope slide forward a bit. I took it off cleaned everything with rubbing alcohol and torqued everything, so far the scope has not moved anymore. The scope it self is great. I sighted in for 100 yards and recalculate the BDC reticle for my bullet/velocity and glued that to the inside of the flip up cover.
mcb

Postby buckeye3405 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:25 pm

I have a 1-6x Strike Eagle on my 450BM and it's been nothing but awesome! I cut holes at 50 yards with it and consistently nail a 1" bullseye at 100 yards. I'm using a complete Bushy 16" upper and a built lower and factory Hornady 250gr FTX ammo. My lower consists of:

Anderson lower receiver with built in trigger guard
JBO lower parts kit minus trigger parts
Spikes Tactical NB trigger kit
Magpul Rifle length fixed stock
Rifle length tube and buffer
Magpul MOE+ grip

I used an Aero precision mount for the scope.
buckeye3405

Return to Optics for the 450 Bushmaster