Burris RT-6 1-6x24mm

Red Dot? Low Power Variable? Muzzle Loader glass?
I get it, what to choose, what to choose.
Get info and talk about it here.

Moderator: MudBug

Burris RT-6 1-6x24mm

Postby Olini » Fri May 17, 2019 2:22 am

Anybody get their hands on the new Burris RT-6 1-6x24 scope yet? Considering this vs the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6 or 1-8X.
If yes, what were your impressions?
If no, is there any insight from those with infinitely more optic experience than me on what to expect from the Burris vs the Vortex https://tacticsfaq.com/vortex-strike-ea ... rris-mtac/ ?
Thanks in advance....and yes I know many will think these are relatively low quality optics...I am relatively low quality shooter, so they match.
Olini

Re: Burris RT-6 1-6x24mm

Postby Hdjno83 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:34 pm

I had one on a 556 ar for a while. It now live on my short 338 win mag. Love it. Nice bright reticle. Nice clear glass. And so far anyway, tough as nails.
Hdjno83

Re: Burris RT-6 1-6x24mm

Postby netwon » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:55 pm

Olini wrote:Anybody get their hands on the new Burris RT-6 1-6x24 scope yet? Considering this vs the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6 or 1-8X.
If yes, what were your impressions?
If no, is there any insight from those with infinitely more optic experience than me on what to expect from the Burris vs the Vortex https://tacticsfaq.com/vortex-strike-ea ... rris-mtac/ ?
Thanks in advance....and yes I know many will think these are relatively low quality optics...I am relatively low quality shooter, so they match.

I just decided to get a 450 and after considering everything I was looking for in a scope for the gun (RAR) I landed on the RT-6.

I got the scope in last weekend, and first impressions were "beefy". I thought it would be a lot smaller than it is to be truthful. It really feels solid, but I figured it would(I am a Burris fan), just not as beefy as it actually is.

It does have a considerable fisheye when you are just holding it up with your hands if you do not hold it centered to your eye. It troubled me at first, but after some research, I realized that most of the LPVO scopes will do this and the true test is once you get them mounted on the gun. Other than that, love the reticle, love the illumination, nice throw lever installed already, and in case I did not get the point across - just down right beefy. I honestly cannot get over that. I own a few of their other scopes on some rifles, but this one just feels beefy for being a 1-6x24.

Anyways, just picked up the gun today, so I will be installing the scope tonight. I will not get a chance to do anything else till next week, but I'll be sure to give a report on it.

Personally, I think its gonna be a perfect fit for this gun. I would not consider this a 'low quality' scope by any means.
netwon

Return to Optics for the 450 Bushmaster