Looking For A Reflex/Holograph Sight

Red Dot? Low Power Variable? Muzzle Loader glass?
I get it, what to choose, what to choose.
Get info and talk about it here.

Moderator: MudBug

Looking For A Reflex/Holograph Sight

Postby The Earl o SAmmich » Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:43 am

Looking for a reflex/holographic sight for my 450 Bushmaster pistol. It's 10.5 inch barreled AR15 platform with suppressor, still in ATF prison. I see they range in price from $600.00 to $60.00 I'm leaning toward the Leopold (the $600.00 one) but is it any better than anything else? Who has what and how do you like it?
The Earl o SAmmich

Re: Looking For A Reflex/Holograph Sight

Postby Al in Mi » Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:11 am

Holosun, Swamp Fox, Trijicon.
Al in Mi

Postby The Earl o SAmmich » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:17 pm

So, do you own - have used all three of those? what did you like? What didn't you like?
The Earl o SAmmich

Postby Al in Mi » Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:53 am

I have a Holosun 507c thats been bounced around from handguns and crossbows, no issues. Have a 407co on my 45 Super which has held up great after 800+ shots. Both of these are 3-4yrs old, have the battery underneath, new ones have a tray on the side. They are shake awake sights which I favor plus have a long battery life.

Just put a Swampfox Sentinel on a Springfield Hellcat couple months ago, it's the always on/auto brightness model, and really liking it. Their Justice sight I plan on putting on a xbow but will need their Picatinny mount, $20ish.

Trijicon I have only looked thru a RMR and a SRO, never owned one, sweet sights and have never heard anything bad on them.

One thing to keep in mind is you'll need that picatinny mount, some sights come with them, others are a option.
Al in Mi

Postby plant_one » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:47 am

if your'e willing to consider a red dot instead of a reflex, do look at the SIg romeo 5's

for about $120 its one of the crispest red dots i've seen. own 3 currently and total about 7 amongst family and friends.

nice clear dot, 2 moa so not a huge cover everything kinda deal.

mount height is desgned for AR's... so just plug and play really.

the kids love them too.
plant_one

Postby The Earl o SAmmich » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:17 pm

I have an Aimpoint Comp M4S on it right now but for a pistol length AR it seems to block out a lot around the view.
The Earl o SAmmich

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:05 pm

Just a little heads up information for those of you with A.R. pistols. Be careful what you’re posting.
Be careful what you’re doing. Don’t get caught in the trap.
https://youtu.be/fR3n-uWEQTc
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby The Earl o SAmmich » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:02 pm

I have no pistol brace. I use a sling attached to the front of the hand guard and wrap it over my left solder, around my back, and under my right arm pit and attach it to a sling point at the castle nut. Push AWAY from you and it is very stable. I have a front grip but it's NOT VERTICLE. Works great. I can hold it in tension with my left arm and feather the trigger with my right trigger finger without even placing my right hand on the grip.
The Earl o SAmmich

Return to Optics for the 450 Bushmaster