Mil spec front sight base

Red Dot? Low Power Variable? Muzzle Loader glass?
I get it, what to choose, what to choose.
Get info and talk about it here.

Moderator: MudBug

Mil spec front sight base

Postby dale » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:56 am

Hey guys- any ideas on a milspec style front sight base that will go in place of the dummy on my 20" upper? (with set screws instead of pins and drilling??)
the burris pepr will sight just above it (i've been told) for hunting w/scope, and i can put my removeable carry handle on for battle. :mrgreen:
dale

Re: Mil spec front sight base

Postby thatguy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:22 pm

Not exactly sure what is 'mil spec style' - BUT the same ppl that make Pmags make a front (and rear) BUIS that seem to get good reviews..

OR will they work?? Is the fake gas block actually gas block height or more of a standard front base?? Im not sure on that

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby dale » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:35 pm

when I say milspec, i mean what comes on a plain jane standard a2 rifle.
dale

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:55 pm

BMAS
YHM-9360K
A high quality front sight that clamps around the V Match milled sight base/gas block - designed to be used with any open iron rear sight. This patent pending Front Flip Sight is machined from aircraft aluminum with an anodized finish, installs with an Allen wrench, locks up or down with a push button and is elevation adjustable. A standard front sight post is included, and the base is drilled and tapped for our B.M.A.S. Sling Swivel Stud (see YHM-9364).

$106.50
Taken from Bushmaster website
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BD1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:27 am

Yankee Hill Machine makes a variety of folding front sights that could ride your current gas block, or replace it entirely. The one on my .223 is the correct height for either their folding rear Buis, or the carry handle, within the adjustment range of the front sight.
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Return to Optics for the 450 Bushmaster