Red Dot scope on a Thumper?

Red Dot? Low Power Variable? Muzzle Loader glass?
I get it, what to choose, what to choose.
Get info and talk about it here.

Moderator: MudBug

Red Dot scope on a Thumper?

Postby JCoop » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:05 pm

What do you guys think of this scope?

http://swfa.com/Pentax-RD10-Gameseeker- ... P6960.aspx

JCoop

Re: Red Dot scope on a Thumper?

Postby thatguy » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:17 pm

I dont know anything about that model, but here are a few other thoughts on budget glass..

The Bushnell MP 1x32 red dot has gotten a lot of positive reviews over on AR15.. I have one on my .22 upper and its holds zero and hasnt given me any troubles so far.. It also has a lifetime warranty..

http://swfa.com/Bushnell-Trophy-Red-Dot ... C1746.aspx

Another alternative that has gotten good reviews on AR15 are these - they have some red dots, 3/4x magnifier, and a 4x scope

http://www.primaryarms.com/ I asked about use on a 450B and the vendor said shot it on a 458S a few times without problems and if it broke he would replace it under warranty (1 yr)..

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby 2zero6 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:27 pm

Eotech 557 holographic sight and a flip to side Eotech 4x magnifier is what I have now. Works great but the battery life in the Aimpoint M4 supposedly blows it out of the water, it will proably be my next red dot. Even with the Eotech turned off I just frame the target and fire, great for stress situations or suprise encounters when you dont have time to turn it on. Being from the MTV generation (grew up in the 80's) it frames like a television with the rectangular window. I also hear the Aimpoint T1 micro is nice too.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby justin1990 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:27 pm

I'm up in the air between the aimpoint and eotech reddots. I think I would like the smaller i.e. 1 MOA dot of the eotech, but I'm not sure. When you reduce the brightness on the aimpoints does the dot become effectively smaller, or can you start to see through it? I'm just curious about what the sight picture looks like and the longer ranges (100-300 yds) on different brightness levels.
justin1990

Postby thatguy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:09 am

I love the Eotech/Bushnell Holosight dot within a circle concept.. The larger ring really helps get you on target fast..

My only problem is that for what I need I cant justify the cost of an eotech and the holosight only has a 1 yr warranty.. I just have this thing about longer warranties, especially on high price glass..

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby JCoop » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:17 pm

I ordered the Pentax and I'll post up a range report after I've beat on it for a while.
JCoop

Postby justin1990 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:28 pm

I went with the Eotech 517. Eotech is currently giving rebates of $30 to $70 dollars.

The 517 takes AA batteries and has the controls on the side, so you can use a magnifier.

I'm hoping it works as advertised.
justin1990

Return to Optics for the 450 Bushmaster