experience with the Luep Mark AR?

Red Dot? Low Power Variable? Muzzle Loader glass?
I get it, what to choose, what to choose.
Get info and talk about it here.

Moderator: MudBug

experience with the Luep Mark AR?

Postby odgreen » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:20 am

Me again. I have a TruGlo on my 450 which I basically picked up to have something on there until I made up my mind. At 100yds, the red dot is about 4 inches across on target.

I reached out to Leupold and the custom shop will modify the Mark AR so the windage/elevation knobs are accurate for the Hornady BM .450 balistics. It's not that I am so good I need the adjustments to be perfect - I just like to cover all the details. Not a lot of people would have that setup. The downfall is the scope would only be suitable for the .450 upper so any perspective buyers down the road better like it...

You guys have any experience with the 3-9x40mm Luep Mark AR? I mostly use my rifle at the range and would like to eventually hunt with it. I'm not concerned with close quarters engagement. I've got other tools for that job.
odgreen

Re: experience with the Luep Mark AR?

Postby 2zero6 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:12 pm

From what I have heard the 450 ballistics are fairly close to some of the muzzleloader stuff so maybe selling it to someone in that crowd maybe an option if you ever decided to get rid of it. Optics are #1 task specific #2 personal preference so maybe a little more info into what you will be doing with it animal/distance wise.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby thatguy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:41 am

Not a direct answer to your question - but to bring something to your attention..

I dont know how much the Leup Ar scope costs and what the modifications will add to that cost - but it seems that the Nikon Omega BDC Muzzleloader scopes are very similar in ballistics to the 450B. IIRC the nikon will run $240ish

Just curious - What would you be shooting past 200 yd that you would need BDC? Around here I doubt I would ever get a +200 yd shot..

good luck

Brina
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby thatguy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:41 am

Here is what I found over on AR15.com

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=462810

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=467486

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=466783

I looked through all the post made in November (27 pages worth)

hope this helps.. it seems ppl like it

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby bushmeister » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:09 am

odgreen wrote:I reached out to Leupold and the custom shop will modify the Mark AR so the windage/elevation knobs are accurate for the Hornady BM .450 balistics. The downfall is the scope would only be suitable for the .450 upper so any perspective buyers down the road better like it...

I have no experience with this scope, but I've had nothing but excellent experiences with their other products/services.
Did they mention what kind of upcharge there would be? And as far as resale, there's a classified section here :D
bushmeister

Postby talonxracer » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:28 pm

I love the Nikon Omega that I am using for deer hunting, it has an extended eye relief so target acquisition is absolutely superb and as mentioned above the BDC is very close. For the money an excellent choice.
talonxracer

Postby NordicRX8 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:45 am

bushmeister wrote:
odgreen wrote:I reached out to Leupold and the custom shop will modify the Mark AR so the windage/elevation knobs are accurate for the Hornady BM .450 balistics. The downfall is the scope would only be suitable for the .450 upper so any perspective buyers down the road better like it...

I have no experience with this scope, but I've had nothing but excellent experiences with their other products/services.
Did they mention what kind of upcharge there would be? And as far as resale, there's a classified section here :D

Leupold already makes a scope with the BDC reticle matched to our factory ammo/ballistics (250gr @ 2200fps). The UltimateSlam Series... comes in 2x7 and 3x9 (in 1" and 30mm versions). Its a blackpowder scope and has the generous eye relief.
A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys... - Charlton Heston
NordicRX8

Postby B swift » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:18 am

I have a modest Nikon P223 on my AR. For the 7.62 I have an M-308. My thumper is under a budget holo sight. Elevation is my bitch. I can dial in and tag two or three within an inch at 120 yards. (No experience w/ Luep /AR)

How'z that for a "BUMP" from the archives? :lol:
"A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand".
~Lucius Annaeus Seneca
B swift

Postby bushmeister » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:32 pm

I've shot it on a standard .223, and it was a nice scope. I have the ultimateslam on mine, and feel it is more suited with slightly more eye relief and closer to factory compensation.
bushmeister

Return to Optics for the 450 Bushmaster