Scope for the Thumper?

Red Dot? Low Power Variable? Muzzle Loader glass?
I get it, what to choose, what to choose.
Get info and talk about it here.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Scope for the Thumper?

Postby wildcatter » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:23 pm

9x19MdM wrote::?
Ok, after days of research I finally decided to go with the Redfield 3-9x40.
I called Redfield and discussed using the scope with the 450B and the guy there worked up these numbers for the holdover points using the Hornady 250gr round.

3X
0 @ 100 yds
1st holdover 225 yds
2nd holdover 325 yds
3rd holdover 412 yds

9x
0 @ 100 yds
1st holdover @ 155 yds
2nd holdover @210 yds
3rd holdover @260 yds

[ http://www.redfield.com/_media/images/diagramAccuRange.gif ]

[ http://www.redfield.com/_media/galleries/accurange01.jpg ]

919, if you want to know what the other ranges are, at the different power settings, there are all kinds of reticule interrogator calculators on the net, ya just gotta know what the MOA differences are, on those hold-over points and a call to your rep will find that intel out..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Jimbo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:23 pm

I got my rig up last summer and shopped my local Bass Pro. They had a great deal on a Bushnell Elite 4200 3x9x40 reduced to 159.00! It's a very nice scope for the money as I didn't have the budget for another Leupold VX-III like the one on my .06. Surprisingly it does about as well in every way to the Leupold except in lens Parallax. The low light is very bright. It also looks great on the AR. Also has resettable to zero adjustments if you like using that feature.
It's shooting 2" or better at 100 yds with the standard Bushmaster lower. Not to shabby.
A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both.
Jimbo

Postby Hoot » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:39 am

Jimbo wrote:I got my rig up last summer and shopped my local Bass Pro. They had a great deal on a Bushnell Elite 4200 3x9x40 reduced to 159.00! It's a very nice scope for the money as I didn't have the budget for another Leupold VX-III like the one on my .06. Surprisingly it does about as well in every way to the Leupold except in lens Parallax. The low light is very bright. It also looks great on the AR. Also has resettable to zero adjustments if you like using that feature.
It's shooting 2" or better at 100 yds with the standard Bushmaster lower. Not to shabby.

That was a great deal!

The 4200 line, which started out as the Bausch & Lomb Elite 4000 line is very good quality. I have one in 6-24x40 and love it dearly.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Jimbo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:27 pm

Hoot wrote:
Jimbo wrote:I got my rig up last summer and shopped my local Bass Pro. They had a great deal on a Bushnell Elite 4200 3x9x40 reduced to 159.00! It's a very nice scope for the money as I didn't have the budget for another Leupold VX-III like the one on my .06. Surprisingly it does about as well in every way to the Leupold except in lens Parallax. The low light is very bright. It also looks great on the AR. Also has resettable to zero adjustments if you like using that feature.

That was a great deal!

The 4200 line, which started out as the Bausch & Lomb Elite 4000 line is very good quality. I have one in 6-24x40 and love it dearly.

Hoot

I did not know that Hoot. I also at the same time bought a Elite 3200 for my wifes 30.30 for 129.00. I don't know why they were moving them so cheap but everywhere I looked I saw much higher price and very good reviews on both models.
A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both.
Jimbo

Previous

Return to Optics for the 450 Bushmaster