Scope mounts?

Red Dot? Low Power Variable? Muzzle Loader glass?
I get it, what to choose, what to choose.
Get info and talk about it here.

Moderator: MudBug

Scope mounts?

Postby Stealthshooter » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:15 pm

What are you guys using to mount your scopes on these beasts? I'm thinking about going with this from DNZ. http://www.dnzproducts.com/index.php?ma ... cts_id=677
Stealthshooter

Re: Scope mounts?

Postby BayouBob » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:27 pm

I went with the Millett ultra high steel rings. They are really strong. I have the dnz mounts on 2 Kimbers and they are very solid. If you don't need the extra forward reach dnz makes a mount for a flattop AR for under $100.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby Stealthshooter » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:59 pm

Well there is the rub.......I'm a long armed long necked fellow and the extra room the forward mount will give me will come in very handy!! I like hearing that they are a sturdy mount for sure!!
Stealthshooter

Postby Hoot » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:56 pm

I use YHM risers and Burris Signature Zee rings on all of my uppers, but with my one lower, with it's A2 stock and Limbsaver slip-on recoil pad, it makes for a length of pull that doesn't require a mount with a forward cast to it for my physique. I would not consider myself unduly tall, nor do I have an unusually long neck. The LOP with my setup is more like a conventional hunting rifle and you don't see many forward cast mounts on them. Folks who configure their rifles for CQB would probably prefer that forward cast mount though. I just love the Signature Zee rings for their ability to surround the scope tube with a nylon ring set. those sets also come with different offsets to allow for elevating the scope to shoot at longer ranges not achievable with the range of elevation adjustment most, but not all scopes have. The inserts also tune out any misalignment between the receiver and the tube without having to lap them and they prevent marring the tube. With the investment some scopes represent, you just hate to ding up the tubes.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby BD1 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:10 pm

I've been happy with my Burris PEPR. It allows me to use the same basic hold that I'm used to with the A2 uppers.
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby paulmark3010 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:10 pm

Warne rings are great! :twisted:
paulmark3010

Postby thatguy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:26 pm

paulmark3010 wrote:Warne rings are great! :twisted:

+1 on the Warnes' - I use the ultra high, quick detach...

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby teamja2 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:37 pm

Another happy Burris pepr mount user - even though made in china
teamja2

Postby bigboreshooter » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:39 pm

Burris QD pepr. Got it for 80 bucks at optics planet. Great,solid and keeps zero.
Three is two, two is one and one is none.
bigboreshooter

Postby Billsmith63 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:15 am

I went with the Burris P.E.P.R mount too. No problems, rock solid.
Billsmith63

Next

Return to Optics for the 450 Bushmaster