Eotech on the 450b?

Red Dot? Low Power Variable? Muzzle Loader glass?
I get it, what to choose, what to choose.
Get info and talk about it here.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Eotech on the 450b?

Postby DrRock » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Just curious about this eye relief with the magnifier. 1 - 1.5 inches doesn't seem like much on this caliber. Are you guys getting to use the whole magnified sight picture or are you having to lay back a little further than the relief to avoid getting smacked?
DrRock

Postby Hoot » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:16 am

DrRock wrote:Just curious about this eye relief with the magnifier. 1 - 1.5 inches doesn't seem like much on this caliber. Are you guys getting to use the whole magnified sight picture or are you having to lay back a little further than the relief to avoid getting smacked?

IMHO. Regardless of whether its a magnified Eotech or conventional scope, if the stock fits you properly and you mount the rifle properly, the scope will never hit you. All my rifles are scoped and the only time I took one in the eyebrow was helping a friend sight in his slug shotgun. I laid it on top of a covered Black & Decker workmate and mounted it like I was shooting a benchrest rife. IE left arm folded under right arm, controlling the rear bag. Big mistake! I see a lot of folks at the range with rifles that do not fit them right. Though only 6 ft tall, I'm broad across the collar bone and a full-sized A2 stock with a Sims Limbsaver on it fits me perfect. If you hold it loose in the crotch, or with a telescopic stock run in too far for maneuverability, then you're asking for it.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby En4cr » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:48 am

I am running the EOTech 517 on my 450. I need to get the magnifier for mine also
En4cr

Previous

Return to Optics for the 450 Bushmaster