Scope mount for two scopes

Red Dot? Low Power Variable? Muzzle Loader glass?
I get it, what to choose, what to choose.
Get info and talk about it here.

Moderator: MudBug

Scope mount for two scopes

Postby CorpDavid » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:51 pm

Anyone know of brand name/model of a scope mount that will allow two scopes to be mounted.
I want to mount a 3x-9x 40mm and a red dot Truglo. I did it before on my Marlin guide gun, but it was ugly using picatinny guidegun rails, and 1/2" risers and 45 degree offset rails. I saw something in this months Rifleman mag and on an outdoors channel show.
That way the Truglo red dot for quick hog shots within 50 yards, and deer shots in the 100 yard range. :ugeek:
USMC Teufel Hunden 74 - 78
All Gave Some, Some Gave All
CorpDavid

Re: Scope mount for two scopes

Postby BayouBob » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:55 pm

How about scope rings with picatinny rails on top? Or a picatinny rail that clamps on to the tube of the scope turned to the side. I've seen both of those on fleabay.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby Siringo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:05 pm

I use a straight 4 power scope and I have a Tasco Optima (fire sight, J Point, ect) mounted on the scope tube. I simply raise my head a 1/2 inch or so and I have a red dot. Go to http://www.jprifles.com.
Siringo

Postby Siringo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:24 pm

Siringo

Postby thebrassnuckles » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:50 am

LARUE TACTICAL will have you covered
thebrassnuckles

Postby xxInfidelxx » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:30 pm

I just bought the Burris Tactical mounts. They had a top replacement that had a picatinny rail on it for about $19.00 extra.
xxInfidelxx

Postby BD1 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:35 pm

I'm using the Burris PEPR mount which comes with short sections of rail on the top of both rings. Unfortunately too short to properly mount my Ultra Dot micro reflex sight which has two cross bolts. It seems like the little Burris reflex should fit though as it only has one cross bolt. Any one know of someone making a replacement top half ring with a little more rail on it?
Otherwise I may need to sell the Ultra Dot and buy the Burris. I'd prefer to stay with two cross bolts if possible.
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby CorpDavid » Fri May 14, 2010 11:27 am

OK I found what I was looking for:
http://www.warnescopemounts.com/ramp_mount.html
The WARNE Rapid Acquisition Multi-Sight Platform, or RAMP, is a cantilever style scope mounting platform that allows proper scope installation on the popular AR-15 rifle. The new Warne RAMP modular mounting system positions the front ring forward of the upper receiver by 1 3/4” allowing the optics to be mounted farther forward allowing the shooter to position their head in the proper position whether upright or prone and not sacrifice their shooting position due to improper optic positioning.
http://swfa.com/Warne-Tactical-1-Piece- ... 45766.aspx
$179 is a bit steep for me. :ugeek:
USMC Teufel Hunden 74 - 78
All Gave Some, Some Gave All
CorpDavid

Postby BD1 » Sat May 15, 2010 5:16 pm

The transition on the warn doesn't cut it for me. I want the dot higher and above the scope. When I'm still hunting my head is up and both eyes are open, I want the biggest field of view I can get, and I want the rifle to come up naturally, like a shotgun.

Less of a factor for the .450, but you also lose the ability to use the dot as a "finder" on a rifle using a higher power scope. I'm in the process of flat topping my DCM for optics, (too old to use the the NM apertures past 200 yards any more). I'd like to be able to put something like a 6-20 x 50 on it and use my micro dot for a "finder", as well as for things I stumble into while walking in and out of the setups.
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby Siringo » Sat May 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Have you looked at these?

http://www.jprifles.com/1.6.1a.php
Siringo

Next

Return to Optics for the 450 Bushmaster