*Hello to all our new members*

Red Dot? Low Power Variable? Muzzle Loader glass?
I get it, what to choose, what to choose.
Get info and talk about it here.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby PJames » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:17 pm

Cool thanks and hope my post gets approved soon..to show off my 450 :D
"One Good Shot--Is All I Need."
PJames
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:22 pm

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby Gondwana » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:03 am

Hello to you all from the far west of QLD in Australia.
Gondwana
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:03 pm

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby Jacko » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:53 am

G/Day Gondwana, welcome to the Forum - so much info buried here, enjoy !

regards Jacko
Jacko
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:33 pm

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby Greg_R » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:47 pm

Hello, new here from North central North Carolina. I am an admitted Handihaulic, I am very fond of the Handi Rifle. My favorites are the 300 Blackout AAC Handi Rifle, the 223 Remington, the 280 Remington and the 45/70.

But I cheated. Along the way I fell for the Modern Sporting Rifles. I have built a 300 BLK and a 223 Wylde to compliment my Handi's. There are plans for a 25-45 Sharps, the closest i can come to the 280 Remington in the AR 15 platform, and a 458 SOCOM to compliment my 45/70.

But there is another problem. I have a little deal working on the side with the Ruger American Ranch Rifle. 5.56 and 300 BLK, but I just met their other sister, the 450 Bushmaster, which has led me here for some advice.

You see, now I am questioning my fledgling relationship with the 458 SOCOM. I have little knowledge of the 450 Bushmaster. I know I like the RARR and the reciever I have for the 458 would work just as well with the 450B. The 450B doesn't seem to be as high maintenance as the 458, cases are easier to find, .451/.452 bullets are plentiful, I'm guessing that a standard 230 grain hardball would make a wonderful plinking bullet for the 450B. And it seems like Lil Gun will be a good powder to feed it. That's about all I know.

I'm hoping to learn a lot here. Hoping you folks will help me make up my mind. Should I push the 458 SOCOM to the side? Should I embrace the 450 Bushmaster and make that my next build. Is the RARR chambered for 450B a good thing? I hear it eats scopes. If i need to staybaway from the 450B RARR I'm sure my relationship with the Bushmaster will end, i will go with the SOCOM. What length gas system for the Bushmaster, what twist? Do I even have a choice in twist rates and gas lengths?

Give me an education, help me decide.
Thanks!
Greg
Greg_R
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:05 am

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby Hoot » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:04 am

Greg_R wrote:Hello, new here from North central North Carolina. I am an admitted Handihaulic, I am very fond of the Handi Rifle. My favorites are the 300 Blackout AAC Handi Rifle, the 223 Remington, the 280 Remington and the 45/70.

But I cheated. Along the way I fell for the Modern Sporting Rifles. I have built a 300 BLK and a 223 Wylde to compliment my Handi's. There are plans for a 25-45 Sharps, the closest i can come to the 280 Remington in the AR 15 platform, and a 458 SOCOM to compliment my 45/70.

But there is another problem. I have a little deal working on the side with the Ruger American Ranch Rifle. 5.56 and 300 BLK, but I just met their other sister, the 450 Bushmaster, which has led me here for some advice.

You see, now I am questioning my fledgling relationship with the 458 SOCOM. I have little knowledge of the 450 Bushmaster. I know I like the RARR and the reciever I have for the 458 would work just as well with the 450B. The 450B doesn't seem to be as high maintenance as the 458, cases are easier to find, .451/.452 bullets are plentiful, I'm guessing that a standard 230 grain hardball would make a wonderful plinking bullet for the 450B. And it seems like Lil Gun will be a good powder to feed it. That's about all I know.

I'm hoping to learn a lot here. Hoping you folks will help me make up my mind. Should I push the 458 SOCOM to the side? Should I embrace the 450 Bushmaster and make that my next build. Is the RARR chambered for 450B a good thing? I hear it eats scopes. If i need to staybaway from the 450B RARR I'm sure my relationship with the Bushmaster will end, i will go with the SOCOM. What length gas system for the Bushmaster, what twist? Do I even have a choice in twist rates and gas lengths?

Give me an education, help me decide.
Thanks!
Greg


Welcome Aboard Greg!

This is more of a "How do you do?" thread, so I created a new thread in the AR15 Style Rifle sub-forum and copied it there. That will give you more room to field answers.
Forgive the creative topic name. Some times I can't help myself ;)

Link to new thread

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
User avatar
Hoot
 
Posts: 3471
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:34 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby gplant » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:31 am

Hello All, Been looking for advice on the 450 AR-15 and this looks like just the place!!!. Im a Michigan hunter/shooter making the leap to the Thumper.
gplant
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:05 am

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby Thom28 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:13 pm

gplant wrote:Hello All, Been looking for advice on the 450 AR-15 and this looks like just the place!!!. Im a Michigan hunter/shooter making the leap to the Thumper.


Welcome gplant,
There are a lot of great folks on this forum with lots of information on the 450BM and they are very willing to share that information. What part of Michigan are you from?
U.S. Army Veteran
NRA Life Member

"From My Cold Dead Hands."-Charlton Heston 2000
User avatar
Thom28
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:32 pm
Location: S.E. Michigan

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby gplant » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:02 am

Thom28 wrote:
gplant wrote:Hello All, Been looking for advice on the 450 AR-15 and this looks like just the place!!!. Im a Michigan hunter/shooter making the leap to the Thumper.


Welcome gplant,
There are a lot of great folks on this forum with lots of information on the 450BM and they are very willing to share that information. What part of Michigan are you from?

Thank You!!! The Thumb
gplant
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:05 am

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby Blood » Tue May 09, 2017 10:44 pm

Hello all, another Michigander soaking up the 450 BMW info here. Looks great purchased a 20" a couple years ago and the daughter has been killing deer with it every year. So now I'm building another for myself.
Blood
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 8:20 pm

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby Al in Mi » Thu May 11, 2017 12:42 pm

Blood wrote:Hello all, another Michigander soaking up the 450 BMW info here. Looks great purchased a 20" a couple years ago and the daughter has been killing deer with it every year. So now I'm building another for myself.


tell us more about your build?
Al in Mi
 
Posts: 889
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:24 am

PreviousNext

Return to Optics for the 450 Bushmaster

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest