*Hello to all our new members*

Red Dot? Low Power Variable? Muzzle Loader glass?
I get it, what to choose, what to choose.
Get info and talk about it here.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:28 am

Welcome to our Electronic Campfire and thank you, sir for your service. God Bless.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby chorizo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:03 pm

It was an honor to serve our Country. Thank you for the kind welcome and kind words.
NRA Life Member since 1972
21 years and 21 days in the USMC....but who was counting.
chorizo

Postby B swift » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:00 pm

New, new guy checking in from the northern end of the golden state.
"A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand".
~Lucius Annaeus Seneca
B swift

Postby Jeepejeep » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:37 am

Welcome. There's a lot of info from a lot of good people here, I think you'll enjoy your stay. Do you have a 450? If so, please post some pics!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby B swift » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Jeepejeep wrote:Welcome. There's a lot of info from a lot of good people here, I think you'll enjoy your stay. Do you have a 450? If so, please post some pics!

Howdy JJeep. I do have a thumper! Took it out today and shot all but my last 5 rounds. I couldn't wait for my AR-10 so I got the Bushmaster to hold me over until the 7.62 was in my hands. I love my .450 and it led me here. I expect it will get first blood. Getting my 2012 hunting license soon and we've got predators on the farm so something is gonna be bleeding badly if I have my way!

Glad to share my humble shooters with you folks!

"A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand".
~Lucius Annaeus Seneca
B swift

Postby wildcatter » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:58 pm

..Twisting my Hands around each other.."Ahh-Haa, we've got you now"!!

When you finally get that 308, you may find that it becomes a Closet Dust-Collector.

Either way welcome aboard and stay way from The Sheep Dawg's tray of Smores, he's just bringing them over to me and the Commander-F..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby 30Hart » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:08 am

Hello to All!
Thought I'd introduce myself and my reasons for joining this forum. I'd classify myself primarily as a big game hunter first and a shooter/reloader second. My primary passion is out West open country long range hunting (300-600yds). I retired from the Air Force after 22 years and I currently work for the Air Force as a civilian. I carried the A2 and A3 as a duty weapon for 12 of those years, so naturally I have always wanted one in my safe, but I tend to like the out of the ordinary so a regular 5.56mm just wouldn't do. I tried the Beowulf first, but was unhappy with the accuracy and the velocity I got with the 400 grainers so away it went. I researched more and was considering the 458 SOCOM, but luckily came across this site and the history behind the 450 BM. I was greatly intrigued by the 45 Professional catridge and subsequently a little disappointed that Hornady decided to play it so safe in their current form. Ultimately, I chose the 450 BM for its extreme versatility for an experienced reloader. Currently, I have an order in with Trident Armory and can't wait to complete my new project. I'm hoping to use this platform with the 300 grain Hornady XTP mags and the 325 grain Barnes Busters/Swift A-Frames. I'll probably start with AA1680, Lil Gun, and H110 and see what results I can get, thanks.
30 Hart
30Hart

Postby maginter » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:58 am

Hi and thanks for the welcome. I look forward to all the discussions and information.

Mark
Mark
-----------------------------------------------------
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

John Adams
maginter

Postby Jim in Houston » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:25 am

Welcome 30Hart. Good post on why you picked the 450. There is another thread on this very topic you may want to visit.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:42 am

maginter wrote:Hi and thanks for the welcome. I look forward to all the discussions and information.

Mark

Welcome to the campfire, Mark.
Check your email.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Optics for the 450 Bushmaster