Aimpoint CompM2

Red Dot? Low Power Variable? Muzzle Loader glass?
I get it, what to choose, what to choose.
Get info and talk about it here.

Moderator: MudBug

Aimpoint CompM2

Postby 1377thumper » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:43 pm

Hey guys! So what do you think about the Aimpoint CompM2 mounted on the 450? I want to shoot out to 150-200yds ? Any thought or opinions. (thanks from the new guy..)
1377thumper

Re: Aimpoint CompM2

Postby oldmanjeffers » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:06 pm

I took mine off and sent it back for a replacement, after about 10 rounds the dot would just shut off, I don't know if it was recoil related or just a bad sight, The on line seller I got it from was very cool about it and said they should run on a BMG with out problems. Just got the new one back in the mail but will not be putting it back on the 450, At 200+ yards my 18" gong doesn't look like much with out some type of magnification. I put on an old school Bushnell banner 3X9, same as I use on my 30-06. I have plans on taking it for a spin this weekend I'll report back here with my opinions/results if you'd like?
We're all in this together
oldmanjeffers

Postby BayouBob » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:23 pm

For old eyes a red dot gets kind of hard to use in the woods past about 75 yards. I have a Vortex on my .556 Bushmaster and it is great for a hog at 30 yards but at 100 in the late afternoon I had to pass up a couple of shots because I just couldn't get a hold I felt confident in.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby oldmanjeffers » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:35 pm

I used the red dot today on my 450 because the scope didn't work out, The CompM2 Worked perfectly! I still want to put a scope on it but from what my shooting partner saw through the glass he recommend leaving it on, I was DRILLING a 18" gong at 200 yards all with in 8 inches. Not to bad for these eyes and ZERO magnification. With eight rounds shot at one second a shot on the bench I was able to put five on target and the three misses were low. I'm happy.
We're all in this together
oldmanjeffers

Return to Optics for the 450 Bushmaster