7mm and or 30cal Bushmaster?

The forum is for discussions about calibers whose parent is the 450B.

Moderators: MudBug, Hoot

Re: 7mm and or 30cal Bushmaster?

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:58 pm

Yep, I've been pondering the longer-for-weight coppers....trading case capacity for bullet length seems counter-productive. This particular train of thought is still at the station.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Hoot » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:04 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Yep, I've been pondering the longer-for-weight coppers....trading case capacity for bullet length seems counter-productive. This particular train of thought is still at the station.

Was just starting to turn off the PC and head for the bed, but look around for flat base all copper bullets. Some reduced case capacity can be regained without a boat tail. That's one of the beauties of the the Barnes XPB bullets in the 450b.

G'night

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby kklatt450 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:34 pm

Well ok sense I have 2 of these rifles I check pretty much every day on ammo checking to see if someone might have a sale . It seems that overnight hog hammer has vanished ammo seek had a good number of sellers so did G/B not anymore gone. What happened
kklatt450

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:08 pm

What happened is classic Big Green marketing strategy: Develop a product, half-ass market the product, let product begin to sell a bit, abandon product. They've been doing it for many years. :(
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby Hoot » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:26 pm

I'm beat, but spent the last hour or so, capturing images that address the magazine compatibility issue. Hang onto those 450b mags. Like the south, they will rise again, in the 30RAR. More on this, hopefully tomorrow when I edit and write up in a separate "Magazine" thread. BTW, despite how totally crazy the factory 30RAR mag looks, it cycles the 450b ,much smoother than any variation on a 5.56 mag shell I've seen to date and I have 4 versions of 450b mags. Still looks like it was designed by a "Drunk Irishman" though. :lol:

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:38 pm

Veddy interesting about the mags there, Hootster...hooda thunkit? We await your explication. That the 450b feeds from the 30rar mag makes perfect sense, just not something you'd think of trying, normally. Then again, we know our Hootster operates outside of "normal" constraints, eh? (I'm trying to be kind here...) :P

(I think the phrase that Dawg used was: "That boy ain't right"...)

:lol:
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby kklatt450 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:50 pm

This place had 30rar mags for along time 4rds and 10rds . Have to call and check if they expect more anytime soon. http://www.healyarms.com/
kklatt450

Postby kklatt450 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:32 am

If anyone is looking for 30rar brass a guy on the MSRhunt site has once fired brass for sale Pm Hunttxhogs on that site I just got 300rds from him great looking brass . my luck he's lives 30 mins from me nice guy easy transaction .
kklatt450

Postby Hoot » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:04 pm

kklatt450 wrote:If anyone is looking for 30rar brass a guy on the MSRhunt site has once fired brass for sale Pm Hunttxhogs on that site I just got 300rds from him great looking brass . my luck he's lives 30 mins from me nice guy easy transaction .

If you don't mind saying, what is he getting per case? I searched all his posts over there and did not see him advertising any for sale. You must have been in the right place at the right time. Nice hog taken with a 165gr Speer DC. I actually have a box and a half of them that I load up for my friend and his two sons at work, duplicating the Federal Fusion ammo. They love that round in their three .30-06 Rem 742's. Actually one is a 7400.

Hoot
Hoot

Previous

Return to 450B Children