*Hello to all our new members*

The forum is for discussions about calibers whose parent is the 450B.

Moderators: MudBug, Hoot

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:15 pm

The Griff wrote:Thanks for the add. I have an M&P AR-15 and was thinking of a larger bore upper for game hunting. Came across the Bushmaster 450.
Which led me here. Hope to educate myself a bit and see if this is the route I want to take.

Thank you,

Tony

Welcome to our electronic campfire!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby soileauj » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:11 pm

Hello MudBug and fellow 450 Bushmaster members
I recently purchased a Ruger American Ranch 450 and am loving it. Will start reloading here for it in the next few days. A fun rifle and caliber. Looks like I'll be leaving some of the others in the safe and this will be my buddy in the woods this year.
Thanks for the forum and information contained here.
soileauj

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:04 am

soileauj wrote:Hello MudBug and fellow 450 Bushmaster members
I recently purchased a Ruger American Ranch 450 and am loving it. Will start reloading here for it in the next few days. A fun rifle and caliber. Looks like I'll be leaving some of the others in the safe and this will be my buddy in the woods this year.
Thanks for the forum and information contained here.

Welcome to our addiction!
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby fox400 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:45 am

Hello! New member from Michigan! Picked up my first 450 upper last year and have been addicted ever since. Hope to pick up a few tricks and maybe work out a few feeding issues I'm having.
fox400

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:57 pm

fox400 wrote:Hello! New member from Michigan! Picked up my first 450 upper last year and have been addicted ever since. Hope to pick up a few tricks and maybe work out a few feeding issues I'm having.

Welcome to our electronic campfire. Hopefully we can direct you to a solution.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby fox400 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:24 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Welcome to our electronic campfire. Hopefully we can direct you to a solution.

Thanks Texas Sheepdawg! From all the research I've done on this forum so far, it looks like I need to do some work to my magazines and my problem should be resolved. I could never understand why Bushmaster made the mags with so much spring pressure. I'm currently running an APF 18" upper and I've been racking my brain trying to figure out my failure to feed problems. I kept thinking my gun was under gassed and needed a heavier buffer spring. I read one of the pinned posts and think I may have found my resolution.

BTW....just for a little back round on myself. I'm a journeyman Tool and Die Maker and an avid outdoors man. Hopefully I can contribute to the forum!
fox400

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:36 am

fox400 wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Welcome to our electronic campfire. Hopefully we can direct you to a solution.

Thanks Texas Sheepdawg! From all the research I've done on this forum so far, it looks like I need to do some work to my magazines and my problem should be resolved. I could never understand why Bushmaster made the mags with so much spring pressure. I'm currently running an APF 18" upper and I've been racking my brain trying to figure out my failure to feed problems. I kept thinking my gun was under gassed and needed a heavier buffer spring. I read one of the pinned posts and think I may have found my resolution.

BTW....just for a little back round on myself. I'm a journeyman Tool and Die Maker and an avid outdoors man. Hopefully I can contribute to the forum!

Great. And yes. There does tend to be some mags with waaaay too much spring.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:37 am

fox400 wrote:

Also I have had to run the BCG a bit wet to get through break in.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby PackinPreacher » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:33 pm

Hi, all thanks for the add. My 450b is a Ruger American Ranch which is a joy to shoot. I anticipate it being my deer rifle this season rather than my usual .30-30 Winny. My AR is also a Ruger; AR556. I seem to be falling into a pattern. Anyway, thanks for having me.
PackinPreacher

Postby RAKKASANoz » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:02 am

Hey fellas
Thanks for the add! I have been lurking as a visitor for a couple weeks and I must say there is some great info here. I haven't bought a 450 yet, but I will be very soon. I have been looking at uppers from GLFA and Radical Firearms, both are companys that i have never heard of before so I have been doing some research before I pull tge trigger.
RAKKASANoz

PreviousNext

Return to 450B Children