*Hello to all our new members*

The forum is for discussions about calibers whose parent is the 450B.

Moderators: MudBug, Hoot

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby generalist » Fri May 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi guys - new member. Been shooting Ar's for years, got a 223 and a 6.8 as well.

Anyway, just a hello to say I just ordered my 450 upper from thegunzone last week, it arrived today. (took a week for them to ship the "in stock" itme).

anyway, I got it for $507 delivered. Pretty good deal. Mags was the current std 5 round BM with black follower.

No shooting yet, but will let you knoww how it goes.

Anyone got data for the Barnes buster 325's; 300 deep curls or and of the A'Frames (265,300,325) yet?

thanks
generalist

Postby Hoot » Sat May 28, 2011 10:21 pm

Welcome aboard and kiss your disposable income goodbye!

It's like eating cashews... ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat May 28, 2011 11:12 pm

Hoot wrote:[ http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/images/smilies/welcome.gif ]

Welcome aboard and kiss your disposable income goodbye!

It's like eating cashews... ;)

Hoot

Welcome to our electronic campfire! Pull up a stump.
I agree with Hoot. It's like being unchaparoned with a bag of mini-marshmallows.
I think my Avatar says it best.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Pulplv » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:15 am

Thanks for the invite. Waiting for my 450b upper to be delivered and it's not easy. So, I guess I will spend time here until it does arrive. Or until my dies and components get here. Lol
Pulplv

Postby Cratermaker » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:26 pm

New guy here! Got here as fast as I could. Bought my 450 about a month ago it's a 16 I purchased from LG. I really like it and can't wait to start reloading. Thanks to everyone here for all the info and thanks to MudBug for getting the registration link working.
Don't worry little brother there's more of them!
Cratermaker

Postby cowboy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:54 pm

been lurking untill I could register. got a 20" at a yard sale like new! no scratches on mag even! hope to learn more here!
cowboy

Postby aptrpl6 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:48 am

Hello everybody.

It's nice to find a group that appreciates the 450B as much as I do! I picked up a 16" upper from Palmetto State Armory last week, mounted an ACOG, and have harvested a deer with it in that short amount of time! I'm hooked! :D
aptrpl6

Postby akula682 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:42 am

well i too have bee lurking for a while, and i also have been an AR fan forever and owner for over 15 years, I dont think i will ever get tired of them.
It took me a long time to figure out what big bore to get, it ended up being a toss up for the 50 and the 450... as soon as Hornady started making ammo for it, that is where i went.
It took me a while to get my 450 upper due to work and being deployed, i ended up with the chance to be in NY, i have family there, for Deer season in 2010. My current job deployment schedule had been pushed back due to lack of equipment. I i scrambled to get a 450 upper from MidwayUSA, got it on order it would be waiting for me when i arrived in NY, then the problem set in. I could not find ammo anywhere... it took me 3 weeks to find someone who had 450 ammo to sell and not cost me an arm and a leg... i ended up buying 250 rounds, the last of his stock, but it would not arrive in ny until the 3rd day of deer season. so to make sure i didnt ruin my chance at a deer with the 450 i waited until my ammo came in. I got it sighted in at 50, 100 then 200 and hit the woods... I didnt see a damn thing all season... i was not happy about that but i was glad i had my 450.

anyway, i am currently working in Afghanistan and i hope to be here for a few years, but i cant wait to get home to Alaska. I am itching to try out the 450 up there.
Josh

"do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson
akula682

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:51 am

Welcome to the Electronic Campfire, sir. Thanx for your service to this great country. Take care and be careful. Maybe you can talk Sara Palin into a moose hunt when you get home! (That would be my dream hunt).
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:53 am

Pulplv wrote:Thanks for the invite. Waiting for my 450b upper to be delivered and it's not easy. So, I guess I will spend time here until it does arrive. Or until my dies and components get here. Lol

Welcome to the forum! Good to see new members!
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

PreviousNext

Return to 450B Children