Just enjoying my coffee . . .

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Just enjoying my coffee . . .

Postby Jim in Houston » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Took a few liberties with my last order to vistaprint.com. There is also a design on the back.
Attachments
BM450 Mug Front.jpg
BM450 Mug Front.jpg (96.35 KiB) Viewed 9760 times
BM450 Mug Rear Design.jpg
BM450 Mug Rear Design.jpg (86.32 KiB) Viewed 9760 times
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Re: Just enjoying my coffee . . .

Postby Al in Mi » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:56 pm

that's neat!!!
Al in Mi

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:09 pm

That is very cool. How many do you have to order to get your personal design?
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:29 pm

I'm in...how do you make this happen?

Edit: Okay, WildCatter, assuming you read this: You're the baby daddy with this thing, so What/How/Why is this rig such a tack-driver, even in the hands of your average lunatic out here? What kind of monster have you created???? ;) ;) ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby wildcatter » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Jim in Houston wrote:Took a few liberties with my last order to vistaprint.com. There is also a design on the back.

Jimmy, This is Great, so how do I get a case of them??

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby wildcatter » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:16 pm

commander faschisto wrote:I'm in...how do you make this happen?

Edit: Okay, WildCatter, assuming you read this: You're the baby daddy with this thing, so What/How/Why is this rig such a tack-driver, even in the hands of your average lunatic out here? What kind of monster have you created???? ;) ;) ;)

OK, Commander Fast and Furious. It's paying attention to detail, barrel twist, and shooter's like you. If it were more intended for the really heavy bullets 325gr+, then the twist would have had to of been far different, as it is the 24t was a trade-off, especially when one considers the hundreds of bullet choices we have. So, I'd say 500gr bullets would be just OK, in a 24t for accuracy, but then again, my own thoughts are, all of the Big Bore AR's are all done by 375gr, certainly by 405gr, that is for proper stabilization of the bullet vs powder capacity. Not that you can;t make Ranger Ricks 700gr bullets do something, but Diminishing Returns becomes a large factor. In other words, and I repeat..."I can make a bowling Ball come out the end of an AR Barrel, but then the only thing in danger are you toes"..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Jeepejeep » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:17 pm

I'll take at least 0ne!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby Jim in Houston » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:08 pm

I may regret this, but . . .

For those of you interested, I ordered this coffee mug from http://vistaprint.com. I used my avatar on one side and made up a "Thumper" logo for the other.

The cost was as follows:

Basic coffee mug $ 6.99 (on sale, 50% off)
Upload front design $ 4.99
Upload back design $ 4.99
Print back of mug $ - -- (sometimes there is a charge for this)
Shipping $ 7.00
--------
Total $24.00

The mug was on sale at half price. If I reordered the exact mug today, it would cost $13.99 (full price of mug - no upload charges for the designs) plus shipping, which would be about $7 for a total of $21. There may be tax in some states. Now vistaprint runs specials almost daily and getting mugs for 50% off (or one free even) comes around pretty frequently.

If anyone wants me to order my design for them, let me know how many you want. I will let you know the cost. You can pay into my wife's PayPal account (I will add a buck for the PayPal commission) using a credit card, and I can have the mug(s) shipped to you. I can wait for a discounted offer, but these things only last for about 48 hours, so you have be fast to confirm your order and make your payment. If $22 and my design are OK with you, I can order it for you any time.

If you only want the Thumper logo, let me know that. I can price out that option as above, or I can send you the image and you can order your own (see below).

PM me with what you are interested in and your address for shipping.

If you want to make your own rug (with the thumper logo and/or your own avatar), go to http://vistaprint.com, register on the site, select mugs from the products list, upload your design (it needs to be a 300 dpi jpg image), and away you go. There is a template for the mug on the site that gives you the dimensions you need for your image.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby bushmeister » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:39 pm

Congrats Jim... I like it! 8-)
bushmeister

Postby simpleman » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:37 pm

I would like to have the LOGO
simpleman

Return to AR15 Style Rifles