Couple of upgrades for the 450

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Couple of upgrades for the 450

Postby Stealthshooter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Hey guys been a while.

I just barely got some upgrades for my 20" 450. The first was the Mako shock absorbing M4 stock. I LOVE this thing!! It has taken out a lot of recoil!! The next isn't real special but man is it handy. I got an extended charging handle latch. I also got a very nice single point sling ring made by Tapco. All in all there is only a couple more things I want to add before it's perfect. Here are some pics of the goodies and of a group I printed off my work bench at 250 yards using my 300 grain SST loads.

Stealthshooter

Re: Couple of upgrades for the 450

Postby tbirdman74 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:14 pm

Stealth, looks good. I've got extended charging handles on both my ar's. I love em.
Go big... or go home.
tbirdman74

Postby Hoot » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:15 am

Phenomenal group and OMG, you are a lot younger than you sound!

I love my Tac latches. One of those, "How'd I ever get along without this?" add-ons.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Jeepejeep » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:54 am

Looks good, I have to get an extended charging handle too, with a scope, it's a little hard to get to the darn thing.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:59 am

Beauty, eh? Nice group, too!
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Jim in Houston » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:45 am

I also built my lower with the Mako GL recoil reducing butt stock, but I found it to be less comfortable than my normal collapsible stock with a limbsaver-like butt pad, so I added a pad to the Mako. I used the SOG from Brownells - http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0/k=sog+recoil+pad/t=P/ksubmit=y/Products/All/search=sog_recoil_pad. I trimmed it to fit over the butt stock pad with an exacto knife, and once on you retain access to the buttstock storage compartment without removing the pad.

It looks like you may have to be careful withs eye relief on your scope, although you do appear to have an adjustable offset mount. I have a similar set-up with fixed rings, and while it is shootable, I have gotten too close once or twice. I recently ordered a set of nikon offset rings, similar to the one piece Burris PEPR mount, but about half price - http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/nikon-p-series-mounting-system.aspx?a=993875 from Sportsman's Guide.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Stealthshooter » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:26 pm

I do believe I found my next upgrade!!

http://www.davidtubb.com/Tubb-Precision ... mance-Pack
Stealthshooter

Return to AR15 Style Rifles