Newb with a thumper enroute

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Newb with a thumper enroute

Postby Sadaddy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:15 am

I ordered 80 rounds through palmetto, thank you Jim for the link. Now I'm contemplating ordering the hornady die set from midway, seeing as how the get loaded rebate is still going on through 2014. 100 bullets for free! Then to find some lil gun...dang, my fun money is dissapearing rather quickly!
Sadaddy

Location: Ingham Co. MI, Roscommon Co. MI or somewhere in between

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:18 am

I wouldn't piddle around if you find a set of dies right now. Snatch them up.
As for powder...... Well. We are all in that boat. :(
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby yeldak » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:41 pm

Jim in Houston wrote:I get all my ammo on line, since no one carries 450BM that I have ever seen.

Palmetto State Armory usually has good prices - http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/1182/

I went to 10 Ring on Jones Rd. today, they have bullets in stock for reloading.... not the ones I was looking for, but they had some of the .452 in a few different weights.
yeldak

Postby LegendInMyOwnMind » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:57 pm

I also ordered 4 boxes from PSA. That's a pretty good deal!
LegendInMyOwnMind

Postby Jim in Houston » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:17 pm

yeldak wrote:
Jim in Houston wrote:I get all my ammo on line, since no one carries 450BM that I have ever seen.

Palmetto State Armory usually has good prices - http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/1182/

I went to 10 Ring on Jones Rd. today, they have bullets in stock for reloading.... not the ones I was looking for, but they had some of the .452 in a few different weights.

The Hornady 225 gr FTX work well in the 450BM. Others have loaded form 180 to 300 gr with 260gr (the Remington version weight) being popular. Occasionally, Midway will sell blems (blemished bullets) that are .452 and either 250 or 225 gr, sometimes with different colored tips. They appear identical to the Hornady FTX's, except for the color of the tip, and I have reloaded several with no discernible difference from my reloads with the OEM bullets. I grab up a couple of boxes, usually at about 50% of list price for the originals, whenever they come up. You can check Midway by searching for blemished bullets. There are none on their website at present.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby wildcatter » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:34 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:I wouldn't piddle around if you find a set of dies right now. Snatch them up.
As for powder...... Well. We are all in that boat. :(

Got that right, the 450b is selling like Hot Cakes now, meaning there are going to be spot shortages on 450 accessories..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Sadaddy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:06 am

Finally had a chance to shoot last night. I knew this thing would be accurate, but wasn't expecting to cut one hole groups at 100 right out of the gate. Shot a 6" steel plate at 200y, first shot...ting! The bullet almost went through the 1/2 steel at 200. Unbelievable! I'm in love....
Sadaddy

Location: Ingham Co. MI, Roscommon Co. MI or somewhere in between

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:41 pm

Welcome to my addiction!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:01 pm

Another good source is Ammoseek.com..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles