NEW JP Silent buffer/spring assembly WOW

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: NEW JP Silent buffer/spring assembly WOW

Postby gunnut » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:05 am

MarkCO wrote:This is brand new, and unfortunatley the first batch is gone, but I got one to test out. http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.7.2_os.php I ran a few hundred rounds on it today, incluidng 50 through the .450 Bushmaster. Extremely impressed. It knocked out a substantial amount of recoil and eliminated the impact bounce at the end of the carrier travel. The sound is almost completely gone in the stock. Plus, you get to remove the worrisome buffer retainer (I already had) and still won't get smacekd in the face by a run-away buffer and spring. The springs can be swapped out to adjust the recoil impulse. Also, the assembly weighs about 10 ounces!

That other thread about buffers and weights and such...out-dated technology.

I really would like to add one of these to the test results. www.arrecoilless.net
gunnut

Postby Hoot » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:56 am

gunnut wrote:I really would like to add one of these to the test results. http://www.arrecoilless.net

John, I'm sure you're tired of hearing this, but I know I speak for many here who not only appreciate your work in this area, but even more so, your willingness to share what you learn with us and discuss the occasional "What if...?" Image

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby gunnut » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Thanks Hoot!
Took awhile to figure out the recoil reducers.
Then we added muzzel brakes and getting them to work with recoil reducers.
Took a quick look at bolt carriers & weight.
Now we're into buffers & spring.
This latest buffer spring combo would be a great addition because it can be used in the A2 or M4 configuration and I think it will lend itself to a wide varity of adjustments. aka springs & weights.
But, I don't think it will do much for Primary Recoil. These components are after the fact.
The "What if" could be infinite.
Last edited by gunnut on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
gunnut

Postby MarkCO » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Gunnut, I'd be willing to ship it to you with the .308 spring in it for you to try out, but it is my only one so I do NEED it back, especially since they are on backorder.
MarkCO

Postby gunnut » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:01 pm

MarkCO wrote:Gunnut, I'd be willing to ship it to you with the .308 spring in it for you to try out, but it is my only one so I do NEED it back, especially since they are on backorder.

Thanks! I sent you a PM with my info
A lot of potential here when it comes to buffers. www.arrecoilless.net
gunnut

Postby Hoot » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:52 pm

gunnut wrote:...snip... A lot of potential here when it comes to buffers. http://www.arrecoilless.net

I got a feeling on this. I've started saving my shekels already...

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby MarkCO » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Sorry for my "tardiness" in replying and updating this thread.

Since the last post, I've been busy with matches and products and work and family and life.

Update. Turns out JP screwed up and sent me the .308 sprung assembly. When I put the .223 spring in, the recoil went back up. However, since the spring rate and such is basically infinately adjustable, it is a decent option. I've had the 450BM to the range about 4 times playing with various loads, springs, comps and such and I think I am about settled.
MarkCO

Postby simpleman » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:36 pm

Anybody getting a response from JP on this. Ihave emailed them twice with no response.I know if I could sell every thing Icould make I would make one hell of allot of them.
simpleman

Postby cbailey » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:48 am

I have been waiting to order something different than stock (maybe hydraulic?). After reading your first post I was ready to order then got confused when you stated that the 308 spring was in your first test. If I was using this in a 450 setup only would the 308 spring be the way to go since it reduced recoil better than the ar15 spring. Did you have any problems with your first 50 rounds and the original 308 spring? The website says he is behind but will fill orders as they are placed so I would like to go ahead and order now. As always thanks for the posting and info. My range is almost finished and I have to get some serious practice in before the season starts here.
cbailey

Postby wildcatter » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:08 am

Keep in mind, that while it is possible to tweak the standard system, it s also possible that, that tweaked system, might just not run either..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles