muzzle thread pattern.

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: muzzle thread pattern.

Postby 2zero6 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:13 am

2zero6 wrote:Added a picture for the internet challenged. I would prefer this
An 8 port model MCD with an aggressive four prong "attitude adjustment" tool is due to be introduced in late October.
if it is out
So far list is:
2zero6 - 2
Mudbug - 1

Hey MB I just created a new thread here for this so as not to take over this thread. Love to get Wildcatters thoughts on it all as well.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby 2zero6 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:50 pm

Wildcatter -
I read somewhere that some of the FN FAL's shared the same thread pattern would you know if this is correct?
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
2zero6

Postby ebusa » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:31 pm

talonxracer wrote:Yes the muzzle is threaded to 11/16"-24

I drilled and tapped a JP tactical compensator for my 450B
[ http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/IMG_0905.jpg ]
[ http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/IMG_0896.jpg ]

I want one like that! :evil:
--Evan
ebusa

Postby wildcatter » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:26 pm

2zero6 wrote:Wildcatter -
I read somewhere that some of the FN FAL's shared the same thread pattern would you know if this is correct?

Not quite sure what you need my friend. Are you saying that some Fal's share our thread pattern size? If that is correct, I'd be surprised, but it might be "Possible" to use a Fal Brake, by drilling and tapping it to our size, which is 11/16x24tpi. You'll need to see if you have enough meat, in all the right places, to do it safely and of course you'll need a 5/8 tap-drill for that size, and this assumes it can be done in the first place ( The Fal Brake might not be big enough. Do the measurements and get back to me).

Ok, did I help or did I answer a question you didn't ask?..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby 2zero6 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:37 pm

FN Heavy Barrel 308 (7.62) 11/16x24

I believe it is 11/16x24 LH though.
2zero6

Postby MudBug » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:42 pm

This guy makes muzzle brakes for whatever caliber you want and whatever thread pattern. and all for the grand price of $40

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthr ... 212&page=1

Here is his email address rem40xb1@msn.com

and a pic of the 308 brake he made for my rem 700

Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby wildcatter » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:21 pm

2zero6 wrote:FN Heavy Barrel 308 (7.62) 11/16x24

I believe it is 11/16x24 LH though.

Ok, then if you really just have to have the FAL brake, do whatever it takes to make sure the 45cal bullet will make it through the brake safely and then with a properly aligned LH thread die put on new threads on the barrel, just make sure you go "far enough" to get new threads on the barrel, enough to hold the brake (going farther down the barrel, past the old threads). I say "far enough" because the RH threads are going to be funky after using the LH die, but they'll thread the FAL brake on somewhat and the actually new threads will do the rest, prol'em-solved, back handed but very doable..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby 2zero6 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:04 pm

wildcatter wrote:Ok, then if you really just have to have the FAL brake, do whatever it takes to make sure the 45cal bullet will make it through the brake safely and then with a properly aligned LH thread die put on new threads on the barrel, just make sure you go "far enough" to get new threads on the barrel, enough to hold the brake (going farther down the barrel, past the old threads). I say "far enough" because the RH threads are going to be funky after using the LH die, but they'll thread the FAL brake on somewhat and the actually new threads will do the rest, prol'em-solved, back handed but very doable..t

Thank's 'Catter Just wanted a backup solution. Just in case.
2zero6

Postby Handgunner » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:06 pm

MudBug wrote:This guy makes muzzle brakes for whatever caliber you want and whatever thread pattern. and all for the grand price of $40

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthr ... 212&page=1

Here is his email address rem40xb1@msn.com

and a pic of the 308 brake he made for my rem 700

Hello
I bought one from him off GB for $40 for my 16" 450 Bushy. Fit perfectly and I like the SS on the end. Have not shot it yet though.
RETIRED
US ARMY VET. 1966/1968
Deputy Sheriff & Fire Fighter
Life Member NRA/1976
Firearms Enthusiast
Handgunner

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles