450 Bush Comps

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450 Bush Comps

Postby wildcatter » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:43 pm

Who Moosed de-goose..wink

Way to go and thanks for steeping up Degooser. And BTW, welcome aboard the board. It's guys like you who are changing the way we do business with our firearms and this work will actually change the world, you'll see. Gunny is right, if it cost a ton extra to get our thread pitch, don't do it, just give us the permission to re-thread and better yet, come-on-down, .."You're the next contestant on the 450Bushmaster is Right". The brake just needs enough meat to handle a .458 bullet (yup, eventually you're going to want to ring out that dia in your 450). If ya can get the time, come-on..t

PS..we still need more brakes and I ain't seen no JP yet? Come on, sports Fans, be the first on your block to souvenir the Brake Trials. Mag-Na-Port is stepping up, I bet we see Rem40b1 stepping up, or the Mudder is going to buy one, so, if they can do it, so can you. Yes we'll return the Brakes, with the Data.

Hey Goose, when you order that POF brake, talk to Frank over there, he's the owner, tell him what we are doing and that I'm involved, he's a good man with Great Products and I have been buddies with him for long years. Tell him we are getting empirical data, for what looks like the first time, and that we will share the data with him, so tell him I'm asking for the good 'ol boy discount, not a Freebie..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby degoose » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:52 pm

I ordered the POF brake last week too late for the good ol' boy discount... Dangit!! Perhaps if it works well with our application we can send them the data & convince them to produce a plug & play off the shelf model for future members to enjoy... I figure worst case it looks cool :D
degoose

Postby bushmeister » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:59 am

I ordered a lead sled last night.
bushmeister

Postby gunnut » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:54 am

Great! I should have the rest of the mounts and test equipment this week.
gunnut

Postby wildcatter » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:16 am

Ok, guys, now don't do this just for me, but is there a chance to hold off the date for a couple of weeks? Here's why. The NRA Show is on the 14th, 15th, and 16th. I've got to do the NRA Show and pick up a speed boat windshield in Florida and I've got a gig in Idaho all in the first part of May and I really want to hit the "Opening Day of Muzzle Brake Season". What do you think? It might give some of these guys a little more time to buy brakes to send over to Gunny? And you guys that are wanting to buy brakes, remember you will get them back and if you want to change to something more effective, assuming we are successful in this endeavor, you can always sell them to those less informed guys over on the other Channels. If you sell them for say 10-20 bucks less than you paid for them, they'll go quickly and it'll be the cheapest thing you ever did for the knowledge gained..t

Ps.. Hey Gunny, are you going to start a thread to track just what Brakes are coming and who is sending them? I thought that was a good idea you had there. If and when he does this, it might be better if we kept the chit-chat to a minimum on that thread, so it will be real easy to view what's actually coming..t

Pss.. Gunny did you order that case of Hornady and Remy ammo for me, I have cases ordered up here too, but if they come in down there it'd be better overall..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby gunnut » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:30 pm

I started a thread " Muzzel Brakes to be Tested" It's under AR Style Rifles" I will edit my 1st post as the brakes come in. The Izzy is the first. As far as ammo goes, I think 5 rounds for each brake will due. So, 4 brakes per box. How many brakes? I will need about 2 weeks lead time to get the ammo in my hands. I do have A LOT of once fired factory brass I could load.The only bullets I have are 230grn. FMJ. The only powder I have is LIL Gun. Anyone have a load for this that would be close to factory?
gunnut

Postby degoose » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:36 pm

Still waiting to hear back from both Gentry & go guns.. I'll try one more time if i don't get a reply then they lose my business forever. I have issues with having to pursue a merchant to give them my business. The POF is ordered & on the way i'll pm gunny for the shipping details once i have it in my hot little hands :D
degoose

Postby wildcatter » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:44 pm

gunnut wrote:I started a thread " Muzzel Brakes to be Tested" It's under AR Style Rifles" I will edit my 1st post as the brakes come in. The Izzy is the first. As far as ammo goes, I think 5 rounds for each brake will due. So, 4 brakes per box. How many brakes? I will need about 2 weeks lead time to get the ammo in my hands. I do have A LOT of once fired factory brass I could load.The only bullets I have are 230grn. FMJ. The only powder I have is LIL Gun. Anyone have a load for this that would be close to factory?
Any way you want to do it, but all of the loads must be the same for all of the brakes. I'm thinking that factory is the way to go, but it doesn't have to be. If you've got allot of once fired brass and can standardize a load and a bullet, with one make and model of primer, well, Ok. I've got about 100,000 +- 230's I could souvenir you. Now that I think of it, this might be a better way to go, the loads would be more consistent and cost a whole lot less. Hot hot of a load do you want? Something in the 2500 to 2800fps area would be nice, using H110/296 or how bout 297, in Bulk I just saw a price of $89 for 8-lbs. 297 is the powder of the factory loads..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby bushmeister » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:01 pm

Something to consider... Factory loads although more costly, might be the best option for testing, as there will be winners and losers in this testing, and those on the south side are likely to blame the load. I guess we need to see how many comps show up to see what kind of ammo cost will be associated with the testing.

wildcatter wrote:Ok, guys, now don't do this just for me, but is there a chance to hold off the date for a couple of weeks? Here's why. The NRA Show is on the 14th, 15th, and 16th. I've got to do the NRA Show and pick up a speed boat windshield in Florida and I've got a gig in Idaho all in the first part of May and I really want to hit the "Opening Day of Muzzle Brake Season".

I've got no problem delaying it a few weeks, but remember, it gets pretty warm down here in GA for you "thin blooded" types, once it gets half past June :D . As much time as I'm going to be in FL the next month, if you need windshield pick up, I might be able to save you about 10 hours of driving if it will fit in a suburban. PM or call me if I can help you. I plan to hunt gobblers up there Saturday, and I'll go by the range and evaluate the benches and such to make sure all of that is adequate. It was in pretty good shape last year.
bushmeister

Postby wildcatter » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:10 pm

Bushmeister has a good point and if we were to use consistent reloads, we'd better keep that to ourselves, and make darn sure that they were consistent. And yes, I may need you to pick that thing up. With that extra time bought, maybe we could all go over to the NRA Show. I'll come up with a better date in the next several days..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles