Cabela's Upper update

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Cabela's Upper update

Postby wildcatter » Mon May 09, 2011 5:32 pm

larue286 wrote:no problem, only 143 days to go! :lol:

Cabela's told me that Bushy can't keep up with their orders, hence the long wait. But if you guys were to order from a dozen outfits, accepting the order, only from whoever produces first. This tactic will put in an inordinate amount of stress for additional production, greasing the wheels, so-to-speak. This tactic is a good one for Ammo too. If ya want a box, order a case, you don't have to take them all and it will swell availability..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby mnhornet » Tue May 10, 2011 8:44 am

I lucked out. Went to a fun show, told the guys at a table about Cabela's price, and walked out the door with the upper, at Cabela's price. Still looking for ammo to feed it though.
The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
mnhornet

Postby AR_Hunter » Tue May 10, 2011 10:51 am

mnhornet wrote:I lucked out. Went to a fun show, told the guys at a table about Cabela's price, and walked out the door with the upper, at Cabela's price. Still looking for ammo to feed it though.

Now that IS lucky! I've got three different gun shops searching for me as I need my 450 BEFORE hunting season. Fingers crossed.
AR_Hunter

Postby mnhornet » Tue May 10, 2011 11:28 am

Element arms in Becker mn google them. They had 2 a couple weeks ago. Check out their website. Super good guys, everything AR.
Last edited by mnhornet on Tue May 10, 2011 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
mnhornet

Postby AR_Hunter » Tue May 10, 2011 1:08 pm

Sorry guys, I got the last 450 Element Arms had. :D
I did inform both gentlemen that I spoke to about our site and that there were several more people who needed a Thumper.
He took down the website and says he would look for more and post if he found any. Thanks to mnhornet for the find and sharing!
AR_Hunter

Postby FirstNation » Tue May 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Any of you guys watching for uppers on Gunbroker?
FirstNation

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue May 10, 2011 7:30 pm

wildcatter wrote:
larue286 wrote:no problem, only 143 days to go! :lol:

Cabela's told me that Bushy can't keep up with their orders, hence the long wait. But if you guys were to order from a dozen outfits, accepting the order, only from whoever produces first. This tactic will put in an inordinate amount of stress for additional production, greasing the wheels, so-to-speak. This tactic is a good one for Ammo too. If ya want a box, order a case, you don't have to take them all and it will swell availability..

..t

At this rate, can Bushmaster Ever catch up? They told me the other day that they were waiting on shipments
of parts from "THEIR" Vendors......? WHAT? I thought they made their own parts? All this time they were telling me
the parts were in transit from Maine to NY or the parts had not been sorted into bins, or the parts machines were being
set up.... Now they are telling me they are waiting on the parts from other vendors! What the heck is going on?
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Shootist » Tue May 10, 2011 10:18 pm

Goofy.
Shootist

Postby mnhornet » Wed May 11, 2011 5:44 am

I recall on the 6.8 forum that ar performance BCG's were held up because of the extractor vendor. The missing golden bolt, reminds me of work.
mnhornet

Postby AR_Hunter » Thu May 12, 2011 6:12 am

As luck would have it, I just got an email from Cabela's saying my upper was shipped yesterday after I ordered one from Element Arms. It will be here tomorrow, so I have an upper for sale. I'd like to sell it to one of our members so I'm posting it here.

16" 450 Bushmaster Upper $579 plus shipping (The same price as the one I purchased two days ago)

PM or email me if interested.
AR_Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles