450B upper build question

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450B upper build question

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:30 am

So........... what qualifies as a California AR????

I mean, so you get a lower, why can you only buy certain ones? Is it the safety well depth? Or cosmetic? I know that it has to be a fixed magazine, but cant that be done to any of them?

I really feel for you.

If you can get one of those aero lowers, I think You will like it. All in all they all do the same thing, and its cosmetics that seperate them more than anything, Aero's fit and finish is top notch.
Mike

Postby Clipity » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:06 am

Mike wrote:So........... what qualifies as a California AR????

I mean, so you get a lower, why can you only buy certain ones? Is it the safety well depth? Or cosmetic? I know that it has to be a fixed magazine, but cant that be done to any of them?

I really feel for you.

If you can get one of those aero lowers, I think You will like it. All in all they all do the same thing, and its cosmetics that seperate them more than anything, Aero's fit and finish is top notch.

It no longer has to be a fixed mag you can use a bullet button. Here are some links taken from Wikipedia and Calguns and they will do a better job than I can do breaking down what is a Kal. legal AR or any :evil: rifle and hopefully stop some of the FUD that is spread across the web and by gun dealers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-15#California
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/show ... hp?t=56818
Clipity

Postby thebrassnuckles » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:24 am

there are certian maufacturers that are banned by name/brand. the off list lower loophole allows you to use any lower receiver that is not on the banned list, after you get your off list lower, ie: aero, yhm, doublestar, etc... you can either go with a monster man grip, which turns your pistol grip into a on-pistol grip, (you cant have your thumb behind it and use detachable magazines, or if you had them prior to the ban, high cap mags.)

or you can use a bullet button for "fixed" mags but with that option you cant use ay preban high caps you have.

i run a bullet button, because i prefer the way the rifle handles with the pistol grip..

examples of non pistol grip weapons

and a bullet button...

ak bullet button

this last one is the one I run on my AK
thebrassnuckles

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:22 pm

Ok, Im an idiot to this. what does a bullet button do?

How does it feel to shoot an AR with a pistol buffer tube and that funky thing attached where the pistol grip should go?? Again, I really feel for you guys.
Mike

Postby wildcatter » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:59 pm

Mike wrote:Ok, Im an idiot to this. what does a bullet button do?

How does it feel to shoot an AR with a pistol buffer tube and that funky thing attached where the pistol grip should go?? Again, I really feel for you guys.

Looks like we need some more Supreme Court Litigation.

Under the Second Amendment and the recent Heller/McDonald rulings; Vis-sa-vie: That the 2nd Amendment is a Personal Right, a Fundamental Right, and subject to States and Local Governments. The following case need to be heard.

1). What is the meaning of the phrase "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"? -This one will take care of the PRK guys.
2). What is the meaning of the word "KEEP"? - In my home, in my car, on my person, in the baby buggy.
3). What is the meaning of the word "BARE"? - On my person any anywhere else I want.
4). What is the meaning of the word "ARMS"? - This is tricky, and probably wont include Nukes, remember Heller said reasonable controls were possible and Nukes are prolly not reasonable, under the definition. HOWEVER, the Militia, as mentioned in the 2nd Amend, was absolutely in fact, at the very least, the Light Infantry, when the Amendment was originally Ratified. What does the Light Infantry of today carry and this connection is very-very reasonable (I can just hear them squealing now, when the Mudder rolls down his street, with a Ma-Duce on a swivel mount through his roof of his new Monster Tired-K2500 GMC Pick-up! Huh-Hum, how do you spell the end of the Border Wars?).

Four Court Cases and this will all be settled.

In my talks with the pundits, these cases are actually in the mix, but could take ten years for all of them to be heard, unless we can get an all inclusive case and the Supremes have more than hinted, that the right case would make this a reality.

With tons of strong Constitutional Attorneys, all frothing at the mouth, to be the First, to try any of the big four, these cases are going to happen. Remember, the Heller and McDonald cases were the first rulings for the 2nd Ament and how many Attorneys are ever the First in a constitutional case?

So, kally guys, help is on the way, just make sure you help those that are going to take care of you and that may mean money, lots and lots of money..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Clipity » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:49 am

Mike wrote:Ok, Im an idiot to this. what does a bullet button do?

The bullet button requires a tool to enable you to drop a magazine, basicly anything that can fit in the hole can drop the magazine, I use my range flag when out at the range. The BB just makes it so we can use magazines and not have to have fixed magazines, PRK doesn't want us to go all LA shoot out. I don't have either of the two choices posted by thebrassknuckles on my AR but from what I have read the grip is simular to a sporting rifle.
Last edited by Clipity on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clipity

Postby thebrassnuckles » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:37 am

I had a monster man grip on my AK before I put the bullet button, If it had a warsaw wength buttstock it wouldnt have been too bad, but with the storter LOP mine had it wasnt very confortable.

I took a carbine training class, and I decided if I cant get it done with 10 rounds.... its not gonna happen with 30...

dont get me wrong... I want all these bullshit laws gone... after seeing this years mid-term elections... :roll: .. nothing it this state is ever going to change. they are just going to keep infringing on our rights. and say its for the children.

They passed a law last year that limits the amount of handgun ammo you can buy to 50 rounds per month... you have to get fingerprinted in order to buy it, and the seller has to have an ammunition dealers license....

This year, they are trying to add 7.62x39, .223, nd 5.56x45 to it. To the HANDGUN ammo law...

When was the last time some gangster whipped out his AR pistol to rob the Quicky-mart?

come on... I dont see how they can justify any of this as to prevent crime... :evil:

My next step... wait til my daughter is old enough (shes 8mos right now, and my wife wants to have help available from her mom if she needs it) get a job somewhere else, and move the hell away.

Wildcatter..
all those lawsuits are waiting on other lawsuits, which are waiting on other lawsuits.. it'll be years before we see anything change here.

PS.. I am extremely cynical... I'd love to stay in cali and help win the fight... but... I dont think anything will change anyways. we've seen what happens when the people dont like something the .gov wants.... we get it shoved down our throats, and then they gloat about how great it is that everyone finally agreed with them. :evil:
thebrassnuckles

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:48 pm

sooooo................uh.................tell me how you really feel...

Man, I know I keep sayin this, but damn do I feel for you guys. I thought it was bad about the muddy ar pistol/sbr thing, but you guys really do have some nuckin looneys runnin the ward over there.

Wildcat, I eally dont ever see the powers that be givin tabula rosa to anyone anytime soon. Maybe this whole drug war on the border is what we neeed to open eyes. Id love to see a bunch ........ sorry, gettin all constitutional......Ill digress.
Mike

Postby thebrassnuckles » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:46 am

haha... sorry.. I really hate california's gun laws... :D
thebrassnuckles

Postby wildcatter » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:15 am

Knuckles, You guys out in PRK can come out here, I've got plenty of room. Just annex Cali to Mexico (oh wait, it has already been given back), and come out here, we'll shoot all day fish all night, or whatever that saying of DU's is. Second thought, let's all go to DU's AO, fence off Gatorville (which is most of the southern states) and let the rest of the country burn. After the fires go out, this will be a nice place to start a new country..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles