The ultimate letdown

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: The ultimate letdown

Postby 9x19MdM » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Well I just had a dealer refuse to do the transfer on a couple of these... some bull$%^ story about too many complaints on these and his lawyer recommended not to do it. This is the same guy that was telling me he would have to do a transfer on a barreled upper too. :shock: So me, being me asked him how I'm able to order complete uppers through the mail. :roll:

I feel he might not be the brightest :idea: !
9x19MdM

Postby Ghost Dog » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:36 pm

Seems like it's time to find a new FFL. :?
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Postby Jim in Houston » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:22 pm

The receiver is the only part defined as a firearm in its unassembled state. Barrels, complete uppers, bolts, bolt carriers, stocks, buffer assemblies, etc., can be mailed and transferred without involving an FFL. When I bought my stripped receiver for my lower build project, I used a local FFL to receive the lower from the manufacturer. Both the FFL and the manufacturer were well familiar with the process and once I had placed the order, they corresponded with each other to exchange a copy of the FFL and ship the receiver to the FFL person, who notified me when it was in so that I could complete the proper form and pick it up.

BTW the FFL I used was suggested by someone on this forum who had googled FFL's in my area, since the manufacturer had no contact in the Houston area.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby 9x19MdM » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:59 pm

Ghost Dog wrote:Seems like it's time to find a new FFL. :?

I did!! :D

I looked on gunbroker and called one near me with a no-charge transfer fee. We talked for a bit and he said he'd done business with Pal. State before and would be happy to work with me. I changed the ship to on the order for the 2 lowers!!! 8-)

BTW... the only ones left in stock are the pictogram style.

9x19MdM

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles