The ultimate letdown

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

The ultimate letdown

Postby bushmeister » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:42 am

So last night, while driving to see the in-laws for the holidays, we drive through Columbia, SC. I mention to the CFO, that Palmetto State armory has lowers on sale for the holidays, and she says........ "Let's Go!" :shock: :shock: :shock: :?: :?: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Well, her smartphone says they're open till 7 so we are there in 4 minutes. While I'm drooling all over the glass counter, the CFO is keeping the kids from grabbing everything else in the place. Then the angelic woman comes up to me and asks in a heavenly voice.. "Can I Help You?" Well after the music subsided and the lights faded, I replied "Yes, I saw on your website that you had stripped lowers for $50." Within 10 seconds I was holding one, and asked if there were any additional fees or FFL add ons, and she said "nope" $50 out the door" I said "great, I'll take 3!" At this time I produce my Georgia Drivers License, and immediately the angels flew away and the flames started leaping from behind the counter. The woman with the horns and the gravelly voice said "Oh, you are out of state. We can't sell lowers to out of state people that arent attached to all these other parts for $300 and change." I was crushed... :cry:
Last edited by bushmeister on Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bushmeister

Re: The ultimate letdown

Postby wildcatter » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:55 am

Wow, you might want to write that up for the 2011 hunting contest, under the Heading,..."The-one-that-got-away".

However, I think she might be wrong (if one of you guys have the actual skinny, please correct this). I'm thinking that the Reg she is sighting is for pistols, long guns "Can" be purchased outside your Home State..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby 9x19MdM » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:23 am

Sounds like they are treating receivers the same as a pistol. I wonder if you could have them mark the form for a rifle if that would work?
9x19MdM

Postby commander faschisto » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:24 am

Well, obviously, BATFE was way ahead of everyone in protecting the unsuspecting American public from a clear and present danger, in the form of your own personal self. You should be glad they're always one step ahead of the bad guys. For reference, see: "Operation Fast and Furious"... :evil:
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:35 pm

Eric Holder should be in Prison, along with anyone else... Including The Whitehouse.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Jim in Houston » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:21 pm

It depends on State law. Some states allow you to purchase long guns in contiguous states, some in all fifty states, and some allow out of state residents to buy long guns, if the laws of both states are followed. I think you got a bum deal. Here is the South Carolina Statute:

PURCHASE OF RIFLES AND SHOTGUNS

SECTION 23-31-20. Purchase of rifle or shotgun in this State by resident of any state.

A resident of any state may purchase rifles and shotguns in this State if the resident conforms to applicable provisions of statutes and regulations of this State, the United States, and of the state in which the person resides.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby bushmeister » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:40 pm

She did state that it was "Company Policy". I'm sure it had more to do with protecting their distribution network than actual laws.
bushmeister

Postby thatguy » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:33 pm

I think I would have broken down into tears right there in front of her.. :cry:

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby Jim in Houston » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:20 pm

"Company policy" is the last refuge of the private sector bureaucrat. "Government policy" is the last refuge of the other 50% of the population. :(
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby bushmeister » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:25 pm

thatguy wrote:I think I would have broken down into tears right there in front of her.. :cry:

Brian

Well, actually I left that part out... :cry: :cry: :cry:
bushmeister

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles